Apr 11, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
The early season reports of Wade’s demise were greatly exaggerated.
In the 20 games before he stopped playing due to injury Wade averaged 22.3 points a game on 55.5 percent shooting, with 5.6 assists and 5.2 rebounds a game. More than that, he provides another guy who can attack off the dribble and another athlete to trap and create turnovers with on defense.
No word on if LeBron James or Chris Bosh will play Friday, I’d be surprised if the Heat played all three together before the playoffs start. All three sat out Wednesday night in Washington (the Heat won anyway).
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 14
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 2
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 54
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6