Apr 11, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
The early season reports of Wade’s demise were greatly exaggerated.
In the 20 games before he stopped playing due to injury Wade averaged 22.3 points a game on 55.5 percent shooting, with 5.6 assists and 5.2 rebounds a game. More than that, he provides another guy who can attack off the dribble and another athlete to trap and create turnovers with on defense.
No word on if LeBron James or Chris Bosh will play Friday, I’d be surprised if the Heat played all three together before the playoffs start. All three sat out Wednesday night in Washington (the Heat won anyway).
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49