Apr 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
You really need to cut off Russell Westbrook‘s path to the basket. Or this happens.
Westbrook went left off a high pick in the first quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday, turned the corner, saw nobody in his way and attacked the rim. He does that really, really well. The Jazz bigs were slow with the rotations and the result was probably my favorite dunk of Tuesday night.
Utah will be rooting for Portland on Wednesday — if the Blazers beat the Lakers then Utah moves back into the eight seed and final playoff spot in the West (they would be tied with the Lakers but Utah has the tiebreaker). If the Lakers win over slumping Portland, Utah is going to need some help to stay out of the lottery.
The Thunder are still looking to catch the Spurs for the best record in the West.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32