Apr 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
You really need to cut off Russell Westbrook‘s path to the basket. Or this happens.
Westbrook went left off a high pick in the first quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday, turned the corner, saw nobody in his way and attacked the rim. He does that really, really well. The Jazz bigs were slow with the rotations and the result was probably my favorite dunk of Tuesday night.
Utah will be rooting for Portland on Wednesday — if the Blazers beat the Lakers then Utah moves back into the eight seed and final playoff spot in the West (they would be tied with the Lakers but Utah has the tiebreaker). If the Lakers win over slumping Portland, Utah is going to need some help to stay out of the lottery.
The Thunder are still looking to catch the Spurs for the best record in the West.
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 10
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43