Apr 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
You really need to cut off Russell Westbrook‘s path to the basket. Or this happens.
Westbrook went left off a high pick in the first quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday, turned the corner, saw nobody in his way and attacked the rim. He does that really, really well. The Jazz bigs were slow with the rotations and the result was probably my favorite dunk of Tuesday night.
Utah will be rooting for Portland on Wednesday — if the Blazers beat the Lakers then Utah moves back into the eight seed and final playoff spot in the West (they would be tied with the Lakers but Utah has the tiebreaker). If the Lakers win over slumping Portland, Utah is going to need some help to stay out of the lottery.
The Thunder are still looking to catch the Spurs for the best record in the West.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 0
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 6
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18