Apr 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
You really need to cut off Russell Westbrook‘s path to the basket. Or this happens.
Westbrook went left off a high pick in the first quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday, turned the corner, saw nobody in his way and attacked the rim. He does that really, really well. The Jazz bigs were slow with the rotations and the result was probably my favorite dunk of Tuesday night.
Utah will be rooting for Portland on Wednesday — if the Blazers beat the Lakers then Utah moves back into the eight seed and final playoff spot in the West (they would be tied with the Lakers but Utah has the tiebreaker). If the Lakers win over slumping Portland, Utah is going to need some help to stay out of the lottery.
The Thunder are still looking to catch the Spurs for the best record in the West.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 9
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 14
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 13
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10