Apr 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
You really need to cut off Russell Westbrook‘s path to the basket. Or this happens.
Westbrook went left off a high pick in the first quarter of the Thunder’s win Tuesday, turned the corner, saw nobody in his way and attacked the rim. He does that really, really well. The Jazz bigs were slow with the rotations and the result was probably my favorite dunk of Tuesday night.
Utah will be rooting for Portland on Wednesday — if the Blazers beat the Lakers then Utah moves back into the eight seed and final playoff spot in the West (they would be tied with the Lakers but Utah has the tiebreaker). If the Lakers win over slumping Portland, Utah is going to need some help to stay out of the lottery.
The Thunder are still looking to catch the Spurs for the best record in the West.
- PBT Extra: Long layoff before Finals will mean rust to start 4
- Rick Barry: “LeBron is the greatest three to ever play the game” 34
- How the Warriors and Cavaliers built championship contenders so quickly 11
- Why Tristan Thompson has worked so well for Cavaliers during run to NBA Finals 17
- Steve Kerr and David Blatt meet again, this time as rookie coaches in the NBA Finals 0
- PBT Extra: Will Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade be moving on? 26
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson cleared to play in Game 1 9
- PBT Extra: Who is better positioned as a new coach, Hoiberg or Gentry? 21