Metta World Peace on why he came back: “I’m too sexy for my cat”

Apr 10, 2013, 8:42 AM EST

“I’m too sexy for my cat. My cat. I’m just too sexy for my cat. If I wasn’t as sexy for my cat, I probably wouldn’t have came back. I’m so sexy, I came back.”

That is vintage Metta World Peace. Playing off some Right Said Fred.

Interviewing him can be a complete non sequitur. Thing is he’s a really good-hearted guy and I wish every player in the NBA enjoyed the game and being in the league as much as he does. But he is his own cat. And he’s too sexy for it.

This interview was broadcast on television back in Los Angeles after the Lakers win over the Hornets that put them back in the playoffs. MWP returned in that game from knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus — just 12 days after the surgery. He came off the bench for 15 minutes and had four points, but was a team best +12. He’s had the team’s best +/- numbers all season (they are better on both ends of the floor when he is on the court).

Hat tip to The Point Forward for the video.

Latest Posts
  1. Andrea Bargnani out indefinitely after suffering calf strain

Nov 23, 2014, 2:01 PM EST

Andrea Bargnani Andrea Bargnani

Bargnani was close to a return from his hamstring injury.

2. Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo

Nov 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EST

Jeff Green Jeff Green

Combination of a lower price tag and a more diverse overall skill set may explain why.

3. Andrew Wiggins drops career high 29 on Sacramento (VIDEO)

Nov 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EST

Sacramento Kings v Minnesota Timberwolves Getty Images

When he uses his athleticism to get to the rim good things happen.

4. LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now”

Nov 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EST

Toronto Raptors v Cleveland Cavaliers Getty Images

“This is not even the lowest it’s going to get for us.” —LeBron James

5. Anthony Davis goes off for 43 points (VIDEO)

Nov 23, 2014, 1:04 AM EST

Anthony Davis Anthony Davis

There was nothing the Utah Jazz could do.

6. Damian Lillard on flagrant foul from Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy: ‘It was a cheap play’

Nov 22, 2014, 8:30 PM EST

Chicago Bulls v Portland Trail Blazers Chicago Bulls v Portland Trail Blazers

Dunleavy says he was just trying to foul to stop the clock. Watch and decide for yourself.

7. Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return

Nov 22, 2014, 7:06 PM EST

San Antonio Spurs v Houston Rockets San Antonio Spurs v Houston Rockets

With him and starting power forward Terrence Jones out, the Rockets are very thin up front.

8. Brandon Jennings on reason for Pistons’ offensive woes: ‘We don’t shoot in practice’

Nov 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EST

Brandon Jennings AP

Detroit is next to last in field goal percentage on the season.

9. NBA corrects scoring error from Raptors’ win over Bucks

Nov 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EST

Milwaukee Bucks v Brooklyn Nets Getty Images

Toronto won by 42 points, so this only matters if you had a certain Milwaukee player on your fantasy team.

10. If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster

Nov 22, 2014, 3:30 PM EST

US-BKN-NBA-BULLS-CLIPPERS US-BKN-NBA-BULLS-CLIPPERS

Mike James or Will Bynum could be added to the roster for a short stint.

11. Eric Bledsoe on flagrant foul he took from Nerlens Noel: ‘They did it on purpose’

Nov 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EST

Phoenix Suns v Philadelphia 76ers Phoenix Suns v Philadelphia 76ers

Bledsoe says the Sixers warned him before the game that he would be targeted for his previous comments.

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches