Apr 10, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
“I’m too sexy for my cat. My cat. I’m just too sexy for my cat. If I wasn’t as sexy for my cat, I probably wouldn’t have came back. I’m so sexy, I came back.”
That is vintage Metta World Peace. Playing off some Right Said Fred.
Interviewing him can be a complete non sequitur. Thing is he’s a really good-hearted guy and I wish every player in the NBA enjoyed the game and being in the league as much as he does. But he is his own cat. And he’s too sexy for it.
This interview was broadcast on television back in Los Angeles after the Lakers win over the Hornets that put them back in the playoffs. MWP returned in that game from knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus — just 12 days after the surgery. He came off the bench for 15 minutes and had four points, but was a team best +12. He’s had the team’s best +/- numbers all season (they are better on both ends of the floor when he is on the court).
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32