Apr 10, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
“I’m too sexy for my cat. My cat. I’m just too sexy for my cat. If I wasn’t as sexy for my cat, I probably wouldn’t have came back. I’m so sexy, I came back.”
That is vintage Metta World Peace. Playing off some Right Said Fred.
Interviewing him can be a complete non sequitur. Thing is he’s a really good-hearted guy and I wish every player in the NBA enjoyed the game and being in the league as much as he does. But he is his own cat. And he’s too sexy for it.
This interview was broadcast on television back in Los Angeles after the Lakers win over the Hornets that put them back in the playoffs. MWP returned in that game from knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus — just 12 days after the surgery. He came off the bench for 15 minutes and had four points, but was a team best +12. He’s had the team’s best +/- numbers all season (they are better on both ends of the floor when he is on the court).
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 0
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 10
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43