Apr 10, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
“I’m too sexy for my cat. My cat. I’m just too sexy for my cat. If I wasn’t as sexy for my cat, I probably wouldn’t have came back. I’m so sexy, I came back.”
That is vintage Metta World Peace. Playing off some Right Said Fred.
Interviewing him can be a complete non sequitur. Thing is he’s a really good-hearted guy and I wish every player in the NBA enjoyed the game and being in the league as much as he does. But he is his own cat. And he’s too sexy for it.
This interview was broadcast on television back in Los Angeles after the Lakers win over the Hornets that put them back in the playoffs. MWP returned in that game from knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus — just 12 days after the surgery. He came off the bench for 15 minutes and had four points, but was a team best +12. He’s had the team’s best +/- numbers all season (they are better on both ends of the floor when he is on the court).
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18