Apr 10, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
One more game. One more time on the court.
Brandon Roy — the former All-Star whose career has fallen apart because of knee issues — played the first five games of the season for the Timberwolves in a comeback attempt, but those troublesome knees have had him sidelined ever since.
Now he wants back on the court for one more game, reports CSNBayArea.com’s Ric Bucher, on Sulia.
Brandon Roy is travelling with the Timberwolves and while he doesn’t expect to play Wednesday at the Clippers or Friday in Utah, he told me he’s hoping to play at least one more time this season and he’d like it to be in one of the team’s remaining home games, either April 13 vs. the Suns or April 15 vs. the Jazz. As for next season, apparently his contract with the Timberwolves is written in a way that he’s not completely clear if he still will belong to Minnesota. His agent and the players union, he said, will examine the language of it to determine whether he has the ability to be a free agent. (More to come on this subject.) In any case, he is looking to continue his career.
Roy’s contract was reported worded such that if he didn’t play much due to a pre-existing knee issue (which is the case) his $5.3 million for next season is not guaranteed. Roy, of course, would like that money. If he becomes a free agent it’s hard to imagine any team giving him any guaranteed contract.
Frankly, it’s hard to imagine him back on the court again in any meaningful capacity. But hopefully Adelman grants his request and he gets out there for one final little bit of run.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4