Apr 10, 2013, 1:17 PM EST
One more game. One more time on the court.
Brandon Roy — the former All-Star whose career has fallen apart because of knee issues — played the first five games of the season for the Timberwolves in a comeback attempt, but those troublesome knees have had him sidelined ever since.
Now he wants back on the court for one more game, reports CSNBayArea.com’s Ric Bucher, on Sulia.
Brandon Roy is travelling with the Timberwolves and while he doesn’t expect to play Wednesday at the Clippers or Friday in Utah, he told me he’s hoping to play at least one more time this season and he’d like it to be in one of the team’s remaining home games, either April 13 vs. the Suns or April 15 vs. the Jazz. As for next season, apparently his contract with the Timberwolves is written in a way that he’s not completely clear if he still will belong to Minnesota. His agent and the players union, he said, will examine the language of it to determine whether he has the ability to be a free agent. (More to come on this subject.) In any case, he is looking to continue his career.
Roy’s contract was reported worded such that if he didn’t play much due to a pre-existing knee issue (which is the case) his $5.3 million for next season is not guaranteed. Roy, of course, would like that money. If he becomes a free agent it’s hard to imagine any team giving him any guaranteed contract.
Frankly, it’s hard to imagine him back on the court again in any meaningful capacity. But hopefully Adelman grants his request and he gets out there for one final little bit of run.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)