Apr 10, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Sixers fans would probably like to forget that last summer’s trade to bring Andrew Bynum to Philadelphia ever happened. Looking at the official team picture from the 2012-13 season should make it very easy.
Though there were a lot of different faces in this year’s photo, there were two that were conspicuous by their absences.
One was Jason Richardson, who was rehabbing his surgically-repaired knee. The other was Andrew Bynum, who also is rehabbing his knees in New York City. Though his uniform was hung in his locker, Bynum did not make the trip to Philly to smile for the camera.
Without Bynum in the team picture it was as if he wasn’t even here at all.
Bynum, of course, hasn’t played a single game for the Sixers thanks to knee injuries which have sidelined him for the entire season.
It’s highly possible that Bynum may never suit up for the Philadelphia franchise, given that he’ll be an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Bynum isn’t expected to give any special consideration to the SIxers when negotiating his next deal, and even if he did, the decision to bring him back for something resembling a max contract would be an extremely difficult one given Bynum’s injury history and the way things turned out in Philadelphia this season.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10