Apr 10, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Sixers fans would probably like to forget that last summer’s trade to bring Andrew Bynum to Philadelphia ever happened. Looking at the official team picture from the 2012-13 season should make it very easy.
Though there were a lot of different faces in this year’s photo, there were two that were conspicuous by their absences.
One was Jason Richardson, who was rehabbing his surgically-repaired knee. The other was Andrew Bynum, who also is rehabbing his knees in New York City. Though his uniform was hung in his locker, Bynum did not make the trip to Philly to smile for the camera.
Without Bynum in the team picture it was as if he wasn’t even here at all.
Bynum, of course, hasn’t played a single game for the Sixers thanks to knee injuries which have sidelined him for the entire season.
It’s highly possible that Bynum may never suit up for the Philadelphia franchise, given that he’ll be an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Bynum isn’t expected to give any special consideration to the SIxers when negotiating his next deal, and even if he did, the decision to bring him back for something resembling a max contract would be an extremely difficult one given Bynum’s injury history and the way things turned out in Philadelphia this season.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15