Apr 9, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
And he could be back from a torn plantar facia this week — he went through five-on-five practice on Tuesday. Then after the game coach George Karl said this, tweeted by the official Denver Nuggets account.
He shouldn’t rush back — if he needs to sit out until Game 1 of the playoffs he should. But if he’s ready to go and can ease his way back in over the next week then all the better.
With him, Denver is a real playoff threat. They also want to keep the three seed (meaning likely Golden State in the first round, an easier matchup than Memphis or the L.A. Clippers). Having Lawson back makes it more likely Denver can get the wins to hold down that spot. Currently the Nuggets are the three seed, one game up on Memphis and two up on the Clippers (L.A. will be no lower than the four seed as they won the Pacific division, but that doesn’t guarantee them home court in the first round).
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 24
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1