Apr 9, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
And he could be back from a torn plantar facia this week — he went through five-on-five practice on Tuesday. Then after the game coach George Karl said this, tweeted by the official Denver Nuggets account.
He shouldn’t rush back — if he needs to sit out until Game 1 of the playoffs he should. But if he’s ready to go and can ease his way back in over the next week then all the better.
With him, Denver is a real playoff threat. They also want to keep the three seed (meaning likely Golden State in the first round, an easier matchup than Memphis or the L.A. Clippers). Having Lawson back makes it more likely Denver can get the wins to hold down that spot. Currently the Nuggets are the three seed, one game up on Memphis and two up on the Clippers (L.A. will be no lower than the four seed as they won the Pacific division, but that doesn’t guarantee them home court in the first round).
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6