Apr 9, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
And he could be back from a torn plantar facia this week — he went through five-on-five practice on Tuesday. Then after the game coach George Karl said this, tweeted by the official Denver Nuggets account.
He shouldn’t rush back — if he needs to sit out until Game 1 of the playoffs he should. But if he’s ready to go and can ease his way back in over the next week then all the better.
With him, Denver is a real playoff threat. They also want to keep the three seed (meaning likely Golden State in the first round, an easier matchup than Memphis or the L.A. Clippers). Having Lawson back makes it more likely Denver can get the wins to hold down that spot. Currently the Nuggets are the three seed, one game up on Memphis and two up on the Clippers (L.A. will be no lower than the four seed as they won the Pacific division, but that doesn’t guarantee them home court in the first round).
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16