Apr 9, 2013, 5:53 PM EST
And he could be back from a torn plantar facia this week — he went through five-on-five practice on Tuesday. Then after the game coach George Karl said this, tweeted by the official Denver Nuggets account.
He shouldn’t rush back — if he needs to sit out until Game 1 of the playoffs he should. But if he’s ready to go and can ease his way back in over the next week then all the better.
With him, Denver is a real playoff threat. They also want to keep the three seed (meaning likely Golden State in the first round, an easier matchup than Memphis or the L.A. Clippers). Having Lawson back makes it more likely Denver can get the wins to hold down that spot. Currently the Nuggets are the three seed, one game up on Memphis and two up on the Clippers (L.A. will be no lower than the four seed as they won the Pacific division, but that doesn’t guarantee them home court in the first round).
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30