Apr 9, 2013, 5:53 PM EST
And he could be back from a torn plantar facia this week — he went through five-on-five practice on Tuesday. Then after the game coach George Karl said this, tweeted by the official Denver Nuggets account.
He shouldn’t rush back — if he needs to sit out until Game 1 of the playoffs he should. But if he’s ready to go and can ease his way back in over the next week then all the better.
With him, Denver is a real playoff threat. They also want to keep the three seed (meaning likely Golden State in the first round, an easier matchup than Memphis or the L.A. Clippers). Having Lawson back makes it more likely Denver can get the wins to hold down that spot. Currently the Nuggets are the three seed, one game up on Memphis and two up on the Clippers (L.A. will be no lower than the four seed as they won the Pacific division, but that doesn’t guarantee them home court in the first round).
- Tuesday night NBA grades: Damian Lillard is clutch 0
- Nuggets Jordan Hamilton ejected for striking Thunder’s Steven Adams (VIDEO) 3
- Asik trade update: Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland and Philadelphia most likely destinations 6
- Another day, another Damian Lillard game-winning shot 10
- Spurs’ Tony Parker out at least two games with shin injury 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (104)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (46)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)