Apr 9, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
It’s a fact that goes against your first instinct but nonetheless has proven true over the years — regular season NBA games are not good predictors of postseason series. Every year a team that dominates a team during the regular season gets whitewashed in the playoffs. The intensity level is different, games are slower paced, there are no back-to-backs and guys will play through injuries. It’s just different.
Don’t just take my word for it, here is what LeBron said when asked about the matchup aspect of the game, as reported by the Journal Sentinel.
“I really hate that question, personally,” James said of how the Bucks match up against the Heat. “I hate it when people say people match up well with us. We don’t really care about it too much. We want to go out and take away from what they do best.
“They’re very good with dribble drive, dribble penetration. They share the ball and play at a high level.”
Brandon Jennings said a couple weeks ago that he thought the Bucks matched up pretty well with the Heat. He’s wrong. The Bucks might win a game in that series on a night he and Monta Ellis get hot from three. But the pressure the Heat apply defensively when focused will overwhelm the Bucks (their offense just isn’t that good). Plus, the Bucks like to play fast and that will give the Heat easy buckets in transition.
But that is for the playoffs. We’ll see how much of any of it applies to Tuesday night.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 25
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 31
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 43
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42