Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
If they ever perfect that technology from “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” where you can wipe some memory from your mind, Kevin Love is going to pick the 2012-13 NBA season.
In the preseason he broke his hand doing knuckle pushups at his gym. He pushed to get back, played 18 games then on a fluke play broke his same hand, which this time meant surgery. But even a couple weeks ago he held out hope of getting back for a few games this season.
Not so much — he’s going to have knee surgery and spend the first half of his summer rehabbing, the team announced Monday night. The surgery is just to “remove a buildup of scar tissue.” The normal recovery time is 4-6 weeks.
“As time went on, with the intent of playing this season, the knees started hurting more,” (Minnesota GM David) Kahn (told the Timberwolves Web site). “It got to the point over the last few days that it should be addressed now. It was affecting his ability to run, even. At that point we tipped the balance toward we should do it now.”
For the Timberwolves at this point it’s about next season. While Minnesota entered the season thinking playoffs the injuries to Love, Ricky Rubio (coming off ACL surgery and missing the start of the season), Nikola Pekovic and others just robbed them of any chance to reach that goal. Next season should be different.
So might as well get the knee cleaned up now.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54