Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
If they ever perfect that technology from “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” where you can wipe some memory from your mind, Kevin Love is going to pick the 2012-13 NBA season.
In the preseason he broke his hand doing knuckle pushups at his gym. He pushed to get back, played 18 games then on a fluke play broke his same hand, which this time meant surgery. But even a couple weeks ago he held out hope of getting back for a few games this season.
Not so much — he’s going to have knee surgery and spend the first half of his summer rehabbing, the team announced Monday night. The surgery is just to “remove a buildup of scar tissue.” The normal recovery time is 4-6 weeks.
“As time went on, with the intent of playing this season, the knees started hurting more,” (Minnesota GM David) Kahn (told the Timberwolves Web site). “It got to the point over the last few days that it should be addressed now. It was affecting his ability to run, even. At that point we tipped the balance toward we should do it now.”
For the Timberwolves at this point it’s about next season. While Minnesota entered the season thinking playoffs the injuries to Love, Ricky Rubio (coming off ACL surgery and missing the start of the season), Nikola Pekovic and others just robbed them of any chance to reach that goal. Next season should be different.
So might as well get the knee cleaned up now.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40