Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
If they ever perfect that technology from “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” where you can wipe some memory from your mind, Kevin Love is going to pick the 2012-13 NBA season.
In the preseason he broke his hand doing knuckle pushups at his gym. He pushed to get back, played 18 games then on a fluke play broke his same hand, which this time meant surgery. But even a couple weeks ago he held out hope of getting back for a few games this season.
Not so much — he’s going to have knee surgery and spend the first half of his summer rehabbing, the team announced Monday night. The surgery is just to “remove a buildup of scar tissue.” The normal recovery time is 4-6 weeks.
“As time went on, with the intent of playing this season, the knees started hurting more,” (Minnesota GM David) Kahn (told the Timberwolves Web site). “It got to the point over the last few days that it should be addressed now. It was affecting his ability to run, even. At that point we tipped the balance toward we should do it now.”
For the Timberwolves at this point it’s about next season. While Minnesota entered the season thinking playoffs the injuries to Love, Ricky Rubio (coming off ACL surgery and missing the start of the season), Nikola Pekovic and others just robbed them of any chance to reach that goal. Next season should be different.
So might as well get the knee cleaned up now.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 2
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 8
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22