Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 AM EST
If they ever perfect that technology from “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” where you can wipe some memory from your mind, Kevin Love is going to pick the 2012-13 NBA season.
In the preseason he broke his hand doing knuckle pushups at his gym. He pushed to get back, played 18 games then on a fluke play broke his same hand, which this time meant surgery. But even a couple weeks ago he held out hope of getting back for a few games this season.
Not so much — he’s going to have knee surgery and spend the first half of his summer rehabbing, the team announced Monday night. The surgery is just to “remove a buildup of scar tissue.” The normal recovery time is 4-6 weeks.
“As time went on, with the intent of playing this season, the knees started hurting more,” (Minnesota GM David) Kahn (told the Timberwolves Web site). “It got to the point over the last few days that it should be addressed now. It was affecting his ability to run, even. At that point we tipped the balance toward we should do it now.”
For the Timberwolves at this point it’s about next season. While Minnesota entered the season thinking playoffs the injuries to Love, Ricky Rubio (coming off ACL surgery and missing the start of the season), Nikola Pekovic and others just robbed them of any chance to reach that goal. Next season should be different.
So might as well get the knee cleaned up now.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 3
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39