Apr 9, 2013, 2:54 PM EST
I was a little ticked when the basketball court at my gym was down for 10 days or so because somebody broke the rim out of the backboard with a dunk. That said, I also wanted to shake that guy’s hand.
At one gym in Utah, members can be ticked at/shake the hand of DeMarre Carroll.
Carroll and Earl Watson have been known to go get in a little extra run after practice at a local fitness club, but then on Monday Carroll tweeted out this photo — him and the rim he broke off.
Carroll can dunk, but we didn’t know he could DUNK. The young NBA player may be a little stronger than we gave him credit for.
Carroll needs to save a little of that energy because his Jazz control their own destiny in making the playoffs — win out and they are in. Lose a game and the door opens ever sol slightly for the Lakers.
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 6
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 15
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1