Apr 8, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Congratulation to Rick Adelman, who on Saturday became only the eighth coach in NBA history to reach 1,000 wins.
He coached some amazing teams — he reached the finals twice with the Portland Trail Blazers and was the man in the salad days in Sacramento when they won 50 games or more five straight years. Plus there were the years he had Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming in Houston. He is one of just a handful of coaches that can, in my mind, take over a team and instantly make them dramatically better.
Adelman is going to win a lot more games as well — he fronts a good Minnesota team that was taken down by injuries this year but should be a playoff team next year if they can stay healthy.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14