Apr 8, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Congratulation to Rick Adelman, who on Saturday became only the eighth coach in NBA history to reach 1,000 wins.
He coached some amazing teams — he reached the finals twice with the Portland Trail Blazers and was the man in the salad days in Sacramento when they won 50 games or more five straight years. Plus there were the years he had Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming in Houston. He is one of just a handful of coaches that can, in my mind, take over a team and instantly make them dramatically better.
Adelman is going to win a lot more games as well — he fronts a good Minnesota team that was taken down by injuries this year but should be a playoff team next year if they can stay healthy.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 9
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73