Apr 8, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Congratulation to Rick Adelman, who on Saturday became only the eighth coach in NBA history to reach 1,000 wins.
He coached some amazing teams — he reached the finals twice with the Portland Trail Blazers and was the man in the salad days in Sacramento when they won 50 games or more five straight years. Plus there were the years he had Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming in Houston. He is one of just a handful of coaches that can, in my mind, take over a team and instantly make them dramatically better.
Adelman is going to win a lot more games as well — he fronts a good Minnesota team that was taken down by injuries this year but should be a playoff team next year if they can stay healthy.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32