Apr 8, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Congratulation to Rick Adelman, who on Saturday became only the eighth coach in NBA history to reach 1,000 wins.
He coached some amazing teams — he reached the finals twice with the Portland Trail Blazers and was the man in the salad days in Sacramento when they won 50 games or more five straight years. Plus there were the years he had Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming in Houston. He is one of just a handful of coaches that can, in my mind, take over a team and instantly make them dramatically better.
Adelman is going to win a lot more games as well — he fronts a good Minnesota team that was taken down by injuries this year but should be a playoff team next year if they can stay healthy.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38