Apr 8, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Congratulation to Rick Adelman, who on Saturday became only the eighth coach in NBA history to reach 1,000 wins.
He coached some amazing teams — he reached the finals twice with the Portland Trail Blazers and was the man in the salad days in Sacramento when they won 50 games or more five straight years. Plus there were the years he had Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming in Houston. He is one of just a handful of coaches that can, in my mind, take over a team and instantly make them dramatically better.
Adelman is going to win a lot more games as well — he fronts a good Minnesota team that was taken down by injuries this year but should be a playoff team next year if they can stay healthy.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89