Apr 8, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
Joakim Noah battles plantar fasciitis and it’s a chronic thing — there are some treatments, you can immobilize the foot, but at the end of the day it’s about a lot of rest.
Noah tried to come back for the Bulls Sunday (had 13 points and 7 rebounds) but has suffered a setback, coach Tom Thibodeau told Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Noah is likely not going to play Tuesday against the Raptors.
Thibodeau needs to sit him all the way to the start of the playoffs if need be. Same with Luol Deng, who missed Sunday’s game.
Whoever the Bulls face in the first round (likely Brooklyn or Indiana) their only chance at advancing is to have all their role players healthy and ready to go. The Nets have stumbled against elite competition, the Bulls could potentially grind them down in a series, but not without Noah, Deng and everyone else (plus a lot of the good Nate Robinson without so much of the bad one). So rest the guys and don’t worry about these games.
It’s not Thibodeau’s nature, gut he has to.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 10
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14