Apr 8, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Joakim Noah battles plantar fasciitis and it’s a chronic thing — there are some treatments, you can immobilize the foot, but at the end of the day it’s about a lot of rest.
Noah tried to come back for the Bulls Sunday (had 13 points and 7 rebounds) but has suffered a setback, coach Tom Thibodeau told Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Noah is likely not going to play Tuesday against the Raptors.
Thibodeau needs to sit him all the way to the start of the playoffs if need be. Same with Luol Deng, who missed Sunday’s game.
Whoever the Bulls face in the first round (likely Brooklyn or Indiana) their only chance at advancing is to have all their role players healthy and ready to go. The Nets have stumbled against elite competition, the Bulls could potentially grind them down in a series, but not without Noah, Deng and everyone else (plus a lot of the good Nate Robinson without so much of the bad one). So rest the guys and don’t worry about these games.
It’s not Thibodeau’s nature, gut he has to.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48