Apr 8, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Enes Kanter has been solid for the Jazz all season but he is done for this season, but a dislocated shoulder likely has him done for the season.
And he has started to live up to his promise at a time the Jazz needs plays and wins, reports the Salt Lake Tribune.
In the next six games, he averaged 12.3 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 27 minutes….
“He’s grown all year,” said teammate Mo Williams. “He’s getting to the point where he’s turning the corner. … He’s doing great things for us down the stretch.”
(Jazz coach Ty) Corbin agrees: “One huge thing is the defensive presence he creates — the plays he makes on the defensive end when you don’t think there’s a play to be made.”
Favors was raw coming out of college, he showed a lot of promise but it was going to take time. At times it’s been hard for him to get those minutes behind Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap. Favors’ minutes have increased slightly but his efficiency has been better each year (he has a good PER of 17.8).
Next season look for him to be a breakout player — but we’re getting a little preview of that now.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 47
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 39
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 53
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 39
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40