Apr 8, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Or, maybe two.
Well, 18 days to be precise. On Monday World Peace went through some three on three drills and coach Mike D’Antoni said he could go for the Lakers Tuesday night against New Orleans (or Wednesday night against Portland on the road in a tough back to back). Here is Mike Trudell, Lakers official reporter, tweeting it out.
For those who have long argued that World Peace is not normal, well… That is an amazing recovery if it happens. And nobody should ever question World Peace’s pain tolerance or committment to the team again.
That the Lakers will let him do that so soon shows their desperation in trying to win a playoff spot — Kobe Bryant has had to go more than 46 minutes a game on average the last four and the bench is short. Some quality minutes from World Peace to get guys rest would be huge, and it couldn’t hurt their sieve of a defense to get him back out there.
It was also reported Steve Nash is doubtful to play Tuesday.
The Lakers are half a game back with the Jazz and tied in the loss column for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West. The Jazz have both an easier schedule here on out and the tiebreak — the Lakers have to finish ahead of them to make the postseason. They are going to need all the help they can get.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4