Apr 8, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Or, maybe two.
Well, 18 days to be precise. On Monday World Peace went through some three on three drills and coach Mike D’Antoni said he could go for the Lakers Tuesday night against New Orleans (or Wednesday night against Portland on the road in a tough back to back). Here is Mike Trudell, Lakers official reporter, tweeting it out.
For those who have long argued that World Peace is not normal, well… That is an amazing recovery if it happens. And nobody should ever question World Peace’s pain tolerance or committment to the team again.
That the Lakers will let him do that so soon shows their desperation in trying to win a playoff spot — Kobe Bryant has had to go more than 46 minutes a game on average the last four and the bench is short. Some quality minutes from World Peace to get guys rest would be huge, and it couldn’t hurt their sieve of a defense to get him back out there.
It was also reported Steve Nash is doubtful to play Tuesday.
The Lakers are half a game back with the Jazz and tied in the loss column for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West. The Jazz have both an easier schedule here on out and the tiebreak — the Lakers have to finish ahead of them to make the postseason. They are going to need all the help they can get.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 3
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 22
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0