Apr 8, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Or, maybe two.
Well, 18 days to be precise. On Monday World Peace went through some three on three drills and coach Mike D’Antoni said he could go for the Lakers Tuesday night against New Orleans (or Wednesday night against Portland on the road in a tough back to back). Here is Mike Trudell, Lakers official reporter, tweeting it out.
To reiterate for those asking: if MWP has no swelling/negative reaction from today, he'll be cleared to play tomorrow.—
Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) April 08, 2013
For those who have long argued that World Peace is not normal, well… That is an amazing recovery if it happens. And nobody should ever question World Peace’s pain tolerance or committment to the team again.
That the Lakers will let him do that so soon shows their desperation in trying to win a playoff spot — Kobe Bryant has had to go more than 46 minutes a game on average the last four and the bench is short. Some quality minutes from World Peace to get guys rest would be huge, and it couldn’t hurt their sieve of a defense to get him back out there.
It was also reported Steve Nash is doubtful to play Tuesday.
The Lakers are half a game back with the Jazz and tied in the loss column for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West. The Jazz have both an easier schedule here on out and the tiebreak — the Lakers have to finish ahead of them to make the postseason. They are going to need all the help they can get.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 25
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19