Apr 8, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Or, maybe two.
Well, 18 days to be precise. On Monday World Peace went through some three on three drills and coach Mike D’Antoni said he could go for the Lakers Tuesday night against New Orleans (or Wednesday night against Portland on the road in a tough back to back). Here is Mike Trudell, Lakers official reporter, tweeting it out.
For those who have long argued that World Peace is not normal, well… That is an amazing recovery if it happens. And nobody should ever question World Peace’s pain tolerance or committment to the team again.
That the Lakers will let him do that so soon shows their desperation in trying to win a playoff spot — Kobe Bryant has had to go more than 46 minutes a game on average the last four and the bench is short. Some quality minutes from World Peace to get guys rest would be huge, and it couldn’t hurt their sieve of a defense to get him back out there.
It was also reported Steve Nash is doubtful to play Tuesday.
The Lakers are half a game back with the Jazz and tied in the loss column for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West. The Jazz have both an easier schedule here on out and the tiebreak — the Lakers have to finish ahead of them to make the postseason. They are going to need all the help they can get.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10