Terrence Jones ignites the break with a block, James Anderson finishes with a posterization of Evan Fournier (VIDEO)
Apr 7, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
When looking at the names in the headline, the more casual NBA fan may not have been enticed enough to click through and check out the highlight.
Oh, what a mistake that would have been.
If you’ve gotten this far, then you’re fortunate enough to have seen one of the more incredible plays of Saturday night’s action.
It all starts with the Nuggets’ Corey Brewer getting out in transition, and challenging Terrence Jones at the rim. Jones sends Brewer’s shot back with force, igniting the Rockets’ fast break in the other direction. The ball ends up in the hands of Patrick Beverly, who finds James Anderson for the high-flying slam over Evan Fournier, who has the misfortune of trying to take the charge after setting up shop inside the restricted area.
(If you happen to be a Nuggets fan and want the more glib version, the NBA’s YouTube channel posted the feed from the Nuggets broadcast, which is fairly hilarious in contrast to this one.)
Don’t feel bad for Fournier, whose first name is not Vincent as the excitable Rockets broadcaster would have you believe. The rookie from France scored 17 points and dished out five assists in 23 minutes of action off the bench, as the Nuggets took care of Houston without Ty Lawson and Danilo Gallinari by a final of 132-114.
[Video up top via ClutchFans]
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)