Apr 7, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
LeBron James is favored by most to win the MVP award for his other-worldy play he’s displayed over the course of this season.
If James comes away with the trophy as expected, it’ll be the fourth of his career after 10 NBA seasons.
That would put him in some fairly elite company, and James is humbled by the fact that he’d be cemented alongside some of the league’s all-time greats.
Only four men have won four MVP awards, and some believe they are the four greatest players ever. They are Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (six), Michael Jordan (five), Bill Russell (five) and Wilt Chamberlain (four).
“Anytime I’m mentioned with the greatest players to play the game or people period, it is a wow factor because I grew up and studied those guys and watched those guys, and a few of those guys were my inspiration growing up,’’ James said.
Of course, all of those guys have many more championships than James does at this stage of his career. But the way he and his teammates have been playing, his second in as many seasons might be only a couple of months away.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36