Apr 7, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
There have never been so many non-update updates to an injury situation as there have been with Derrick Rose this season.
It speaks to both the player’s popularity, as well as to how much he means to the city of Chicago and the Bulls franchise.
And all of that, combined with Rose’s work ethic and desire to get back on the court in any capacity, is why it’s highly unlikely that either he or the Bulls would officially announce that he won’t return this season.
Derrick Rose disputed the theory he’s waiting until next season to play so that he can return without a minutes limit and said he would keep open the option of returning from knee surgery even during a Bulls’ playoff run.
“Oh, no,” Rose said, when asked if he’d announce he’s sitting out this season. “I’m keeping it open.”
“I’m not trying to think about that right now,” Rose said. “I’m just trying to get better. I’m just trying to help my teammates, give them confidence to go out there and play hard. I’ll play whenever I’m ready to play. Who knows when I’m ready to? Right now, all I can do is just cheer on my teammates.”
Rose went on to dispel the notion that he wouldn’t want to return while still under any type of minutes restriction.
So again, this isn’t really an update, because nothing has changed as far as Rose’s status is concerned. He’s still working out and practicing with his teammates in an effort to get back to feeling comfortable enough to play, and doing so this season remains an option.
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 9
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 24
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3
- PBT Extra: Bulls have shot to upset Cavaliers 16