Apr 6, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Ricky Rubio received a warning for violating the league’s anti-flopping rule, the league announced on Saturday.
The violation came with 46 seconds remaining in Minnesota’s home win over the Thunder on March 29th, and honestly, it’s one of the weaker ones the league has seen as fit to punish.
Rubio appears to take contact to the head from the shoulder of Kevin Durant on the drive, and while the helicopter spin to the ground may have been exaggerated, the contact was made nonetheless, and the referees weren’t fooled into calling a bogus foul by Rubio’s actions.
Whatever the league’s reasoning was in choosing to warn Rubio for this particular play, there’s no doubt he’s earned it with countless others over the course of the season that have gone unnoticed.
Maybe it’s just something about playing against the Thunder. As you may recall, J.J. Redick received a flopping warning earlier this week for a play against Oklahoma City that was far worse than this one.
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 4
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60