Apr 6, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Ricky Rubio received a warning for violating the league’s anti-flopping rule, the league announced on Saturday.
The violation came with 46 seconds remaining in Minnesota’s home win over the Thunder on March 29th, and honestly, it’s one of the weaker ones the league has seen as fit to punish.
Rubio appears to take contact to the head from the shoulder of Kevin Durant on the drive, and while the helicopter spin to the ground may have been exaggerated, the contact was made nonetheless, and the referees weren’t fooled into calling a bogus foul by Rubio’s actions.
Whatever the league’s reasoning was in choosing to warn Rubio for this particular play, there’s no doubt he’s earned it with countless others over the course of the season that have gone unnoticed.
Maybe it’s just something about playing against the Thunder. As you may recall, J.J. Redick received a flopping warning earlier this week for a play against Oklahoma City that was far worse than this one.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9