Apr 6, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Ricky Rubio received a warning for violating the league’s anti-flopping rule, the league announced on Saturday.
The violation came with 46 seconds remaining in Minnesota’s home win over the Thunder on March 29th, and honestly, it’s one of the weaker ones the league has seen as fit to punish.
Rubio appears to take contact to the head from the shoulder of Kevin Durant on the drive, and while the helicopter spin to the ground may have been exaggerated, the contact was made nonetheless, and the referees weren’t fooled into calling a bogus foul by Rubio’s actions.
Whatever the league’s reasoning was in choosing to warn Rubio for this particular play, there’s no doubt he’s earned it with countless others over the course of the season that have gone unnoticed.
Maybe it’s just something about playing against the Thunder. As you may recall, J.J. Redick received a flopping warning earlier this week for a play against Oklahoma City that was far worse than this one.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 5
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 21
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 21
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 7
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64