Apr 6, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Iman Shumpert of the Knicks is all about doing his own thing where his hair is concerned, as evidenced by his 80s style high-top fade he’s been rocking for the bulk of the season.
Shump may have overstepped his bounds on Friday, however, when he showed up for the game between the Knicks and the Bucks with the adidas logo firmly on display, shaven into the back of his head.
Unfortunately, the NBA has rules against such gestures, and apparently got in touch with Shumpert about using his head as a billboard for the sneaker company that sponsors him.
— Iman Shumpert (@I_Am_Iman) April 7, 2013
Personally, I don’t see the difference between a logo on a guy’s shoes and one on his head. But in the NBA’s eyes, rules are rules.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 29
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 35
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17