Apr 6, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Iman Shumpert of the Knicks is all about doing his own thing where his hair is concerned, as evidenced by his 80s style high-top fade he’s been rocking for the bulk of the season.
Shump may have overstepped his bounds on Friday, however, when he showed up for the game between the Knicks and the Bucks with the adidas logo firmly on display, shaven into the back of his head.
Unfortunately, the NBA has rules against such gestures, and apparently got in touch with Shumpert about using his head as a billboard for the sneaker company that sponsors him.
— Iman Shumpert (@I_Am_Iman) April 7, 2013
Personally, I don’t see the difference between a logo on a guy’s shoes and one on his head. But in the NBA’s eyes, rules are rules.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8