Apr 6, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Iman Shumpert of the Knicks is all about doing his own thing where his hair is concerned, as evidenced by his 80s style high-top fade he’s been rocking for the bulk of the season.
Shump may have overstepped his bounds on Friday, however, when he showed up for the game between the Knicks and the Bucks with the adidas logo firmly on display, shaven into the back of his head.
Unfortunately, the NBA has rules against such gestures, and apparently got in touch with Shumpert about using his head as a billboard for the sneaker company that sponsors him.
— Iman Shumpert (@I_Am_Iman) April 7, 2013
Personally, I don’t see the difference between a logo on a guy’s shoes and one on his head. But in the NBA’s eyes, rules are rules.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 0
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 25
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85