Apr 6, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Iman Shumpert of the Knicks is all about doing his own thing where his hair is concerned, as evidenced by his 80s style high-top fade he’s been rocking for the bulk of the season.
Shump may have overstepped his bounds on Friday, however, when he showed up for the game between the Knicks and the Bucks with the adidas logo firmly on display, shaven into the back of his head.
Unfortunately, the NBA has rules against such gestures, and apparently got in touch with Shumpert about using his head as a billboard for the sneaker company that sponsors him.
— Iman Shumpert (@I_Am_Iman) April 7, 2013
Personally, I don’t see the difference between a logo on a guy’s shoes and one on his head. But in the NBA’s eyes, rules are rules.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 9
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14