Apr 6, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Crawford flourished when he was given the minutes in Washington, but fell out of favor in the rotation once John Wall returned from injury and rookie Bradley Beal was more enticing to upper management.
As the Celtics practiced on Saturday in advance of playing the Wizards on Sunday, Crawford was asked about facing his former team, and the topic wasn’t one he was interestd in discussing.
Jordan Crawford will face his former team, the Washington Wizards, on Sunday at TD Garden.
“Who?” Crawford asked before practice Saturday when the issue was broached.
Washington, he was told. You’ll be playing Washington. Your old team.
“I don’t recall playing for Washington,” Crawford responded — and he used this line twice.
Apparently, the exchange was even worse in person.
According to Chris Forsberg of ESPN Boston, this nonsense from Crawford lasted “two and a half uncomfortable minutes.”
There are much better ways to handle basic questions from the media, of course, and anytime you hear about something like this, it’s worth remembering that these guys are still growing into young men, despite the fame and fortune they’ve achieved at such an early age.
The way Crawford finally responded would have been the way to go from the very start.
“It’s just another game,” he said. “I want to come out, try to win the game.”
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 9
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 5
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 3: We answer twitter questions on Blazers, Pacers vs. Monstars 0
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (50)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)