Apr 5, 2013, 7:59 AM EDT
Three games on Thursday night, three teams picked up wins, we’re going to honor one guy from each team. It’s just that simple.
Third Star: Andre Miller (23 points, 7 assists)
More responsibility falls on him with Ty Lawson out and he was up to it on Thursday night. He was the guy providing offense during the dry stretches when other guys weren’t plus he hit key shots late. The veteran even played some defense.
Second Star: Carlos Boozer (29 points, 18 rebounds)
Carlos Boozer takes some grief from Bulls fans, and if you’re going to argue he’s overpaid ($15 million this season) you won’t get a lot of resistance here, but you have to admit the guy can play and has flat out brought it recently. He had as good a game as a Bull as he ever has had, scoring plus picking up five offensive rebounds, and he was strong on the defensive end as well. This was a big win for the Bulls and it doesn’t happen without Boozer.
First star: Kevin Durant (25 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists)
This could have gone to Durant or Russell Westbrook (27 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists) because they both had monster nights — and when both are clicking like this the Thunder can beat anyone. Especially when the supporting cast is efficient. They become almost impossible to defend. Durant has his 25 points on 10-of-20 shooting and had a dagger three late in the game. He played every minute from the start of the second quarter on — this was a big game for the Thunder who now control their own destiny in getting the top seed in the West (which matters to them more than the Spurs) and coach Scott Brooks leaned on Durant to get him that win. He simply is as good as they come on the court.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 30
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5