Apr 5, 2013, 7:59 AM EST
Three games on Thursday night, three teams picked up wins, we’re going to honor one guy from each team. It’s just that simple.
Third Star: Andre Miller (23 points, 7 assists)
More responsibility falls on him with Ty Lawson out and he was up to it on Thursday night. He was the guy providing offense during the dry stretches when other guys weren’t plus he hit key shots late. The veteran even played some defense.
Second Star: Carlos Boozer (29 points, 18 rebounds)
Carlos Boozer takes some grief from Bulls fans, and if you’re going to argue he’s overpaid ($15 million this season) you won’t get a lot of resistance here, but you have to admit the guy can play and has flat out brought it recently. He had as good a game as a Bull as he ever has had, scoring plus picking up five offensive rebounds, and he was strong on the defensive end as well. This was a big win for the Bulls and it doesn’t happen without Boozer.
First star: Kevin Durant (25 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists)
This could have gone to Durant or Russell Westbrook (27 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists) because they both had monster nights — and when both are clicking like this the Thunder can beat anyone. Especially when the supporting cast is efficient. They become almost impossible to defend. Durant has his 25 points on 10-of-20 shooting and had a dagger three late in the game. He played every minute from the start of the second quarter on — this was a big game for the Thunder who now control their own destiny in getting the top seed in the West (which matters to them more than the Spurs) and coach Scott Brooks leaned on Durant to get him that win. He simply is as good as they come on the court.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 27
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 2
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 29
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10