Apr 5, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the playoff picture with less than two weeks remaining in the regular season.
We begin with Thursday night’s games, where the Nuggets got a costly win over the Mavericks, considering that Danilo Gallinari was lost likely for the season with a torn ACL injury. We discuss Denver’s prospects without him, and how the team is different though still dangerous with Andre Miller running the point while Ty Lawson recovers from a torn plantar fascia injury.
We then look at the Bulls in the East, and how despite all of the injuries, they were able to pull out a comeback win on the road over the Nets. No one wants to face the Bulls in the playoffs, but we discuss the potential first round matchups and how they might shake out.
We look back on OKC’s win over the Spurs, who may have lost Tony Parker for a bit with some kind of leg injury. The Thunder remain the favorites to get out of the West, and injuries in Denver and San Antonio may make their road that much easier.
All that, plus a chat with Rob Dauster of College Basketball Talk from the Final Four in Atlanta, along with a look at whether or not the Lakers can hang on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the West with just seven games left in the regular season.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 3
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 13
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36