Apr 5, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the playoff picture with less than two weeks remaining in the regular season.
We begin with Thursday night’s games, where the Nuggets got a costly win over the Mavericks, considering that Danilo Gallinari was lost likely for the season with a torn ACL injury. We discuss Denver’s prospects without him, and how the team is different though still dangerous with Andre Miller running the point while Ty Lawson recovers from a torn plantar fascia injury.
We then look at the Bulls in the East, and how despite all of the injuries, they were able to pull out a comeback win on the road over the Nets. No one wants to face the Bulls in the playoffs, but we discuss the potential first round matchups and how they might shake out.
We look back on OKC’s win over the Spurs, who may have lost Tony Parker for a bit with some kind of leg injury. The Thunder remain the favorites to get out of the West, and injuries in Denver and San Antonio may make their road that much easier.
All that, plus a chat with Rob Dauster of College Basketball Talk from the Final Four in Atlanta, along with a look at whether or not the Lakers can hang on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the West with just seven games left in the regular season.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 49
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 35
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32