Apr 5, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the playoff picture with less than two weeks remaining in the regular season.
We begin with Thursday night’s games, where the Nuggets got a costly win over the Mavericks, considering that Danilo Gallinari was lost likely for the season with a torn ACL injury. We discuss Denver’s prospects without him, and how the team is different though still dangerous with Andre Miller running the point while Ty Lawson recovers from a torn plantar fascia injury.
We then look at the Bulls in the East, and how despite all of the injuries, they were able to pull out a comeback win on the road over the Nets. No one wants to face the Bulls in the playoffs, but we discuss the potential first round matchups and how they might shake out.
We look back on OKC’s win over the Spurs, who may have lost Tony Parker for a bit with some kind of leg injury. The Thunder remain the favorites to get out of the West, and injuries in Denver and San Antonio may make their road that much easier.
All that, plus a chat with Rob Dauster of College Basketball Talk from the Final Four in Atlanta, along with a look at whether or not the Lakers can hang on to the eighth and final playoff spot in the West with just seven games left in the regular season.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49