Apr 5, 2013, 12:40 AM EDT
The win was a good one for Denver, considering the circumstances.
Gallinari did not return, and an MRI is scheduled for Friday, although preliminary reports say that the fear is that it may be a torn ACL.
Denver pressed on without him, getting a season-high 22 points from Andre Miller, and a team-high 23 points from Corey Brewer who played almost 34 minutes off the bench. Brewer also had three big plays down the stretch to help secure the victory, including a steal, an offensive rebound, and a block on Anthony Morrow‘s three-point attempt as time expired.
Dallas led by eight early in the fourth, which won’t make the loss to the shorthanded Nuggets any easier to swallow.
The situation for the Mavericks is dire now in terms of the team’s fading hopes at sneaking into the postseason. Dallas ends the night in 10th place in the West, a game and a half back of Utah and three games behind the Lakers for the eighth and final playoff spot with only seven games left in the regular season.
It was a more than solid win for Denver, but the potential loss of Gallinari for the remainder of the year, combined with the uncertainty of Lawson’s availability, is going to dramatically affect the team’s postseason chances.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70