Apr 4, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has 90 points on 35-of-60 shooting (60 percent) over the last two games — he’s long been one of the best scorers in the game and when he gets a hot hand he’s almost unstoppable.
Against the Heat it was just ridiculous as he didn’t have a basket in the paint — he was just draining jumpers. But as you can see against the Hawks he was back go putting the ball on the floor, using his quick first step and strength to bully past Josh Smith and get to the rim.
He is a key reason the Knicks have won 10 straight and may be the second best team in the East — but it’s not just the scoring runs like this, it’s his all-around game has been better this season. Is it good enough? Ask me again come the middle of May. But it certainly was good enough with the way he was shooting the last two games.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 0
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 9
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 26
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17