Apr 4, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has 90 points on 35-of-60 shooting (60 percent) over the last two games — he’s long been one of the best scorers in the game and when he gets a hot hand he’s almost unstoppable.
Against the Heat it was just ridiculous as he didn’t have a basket in the paint — he was just draining jumpers. But as you can see against the Hawks he was back go putting the ball on the floor, using his quick first step and strength to bully past Josh Smith and get to the rim.
He is a key reason the Knicks have won 10 straight and may be the second best team in the East — but it’s not just the scoring runs like this, it’s his all-around game has been better this season. Is it good enough? Ask me again come the middle of May. But it certainly was good enough with the way he was shooting the last two games.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31