Apr 4, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has 90 points on 35-of-60 shooting (60 percent) over the last two games — he’s long been one of the best scorers in the game and when he gets a hot hand he’s almost unstoppable.
Against the Heat it was just ridiculous as he didn’t have a basket in the paint — he was just draining jumpers. But as you can see against the Hawks he was back go putting the ball on the floor, using his quick first step and strength to bully past Josh Smith and get to the rim.
He is a key reason the Knicks have won 10 straight and may be the second best team in the East — but it’s not just the scoring runs like this, it’s his all-around game has been better this season. Is it good enough? Ask me again come the middle of May. But it certainly was good enough with the way he was shooting the last two games.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 20
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 17
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 16
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5