Apr 4, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has 90 points on 35-of-60 shooting (60 percent) over the last two games — he’s long been one of the best scorers in the game and when he gets a hot hand he’s almost unstoppable.
Against the Heat it was just ridiculous as he didn’t have a basket in the paint — he was just draining jumpers. But as you can see against the Hawks he was back go putting the ball on the floor, using his quick first step and strength to bully past Josh Smith and get to the rim.
He is a key reason the Knicks have won 10 straight and may be the second best team in the East — but it’s not just the scoring runs like this, it’s his all-around game has been better this season. Is it good enough? Ask me again come the middle of May. But it certainly was good enough with the way he was shooting the last two games.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 0
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 25
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85