Apr 4, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has 90 points on 35-of-60 shooting (60 percent) over the last two games — he’s long been one of the best scorers in the game and when he gets a hot hand he’s almost unstoppable.
Against the Heat it was just ridiculous as he didn’t have a basket in the paint — he was just draining jumpers. But as you can see against the Hawks he was back go putting the ball on the floor, using his quick first step and strength to bully past Josh Smith and get to the rim.
He is a key reason the Knicks have won 10 straight and may be the second best team in the East — but it’s not just the scoring runs like this, it’s his all-around game has been better this season. Is it good enough? Ask me again come the middle of May. But it certainly was good enough with the way he was shooting the last two games.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 25
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23