Apr 4, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Often times when a play like this occurs, it’s a result of a lot of little things that have gone on through the course of a game that finally have come to a boiling point for a particular player.
It’s just hard to see that being the case here, considering that Ryan Hollins played all of nine minutes off the bench at the center position in this one, while Goran Dragic starts at point guard — meaning, the two players would have had very little (if any) previous interaction.
With the Clippers leading the Suns by 25 points and under nine minutes remaining, Hollins and Dragic somehow got tangled up after a made basket. Hollins had Dragic in a headlock of sorts, and well after the referee blew the whistle and was trying to get the players separated, Hollins held on, and received a flagrant two foul and an ejection for his ridiculous actions.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2