PBT Extra: Talking Knicks in playoffs, Clippers and Kings

Apr 4, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

As always, some good questions from Kay Adams today, starting with the fact we need to keep some perspective on what the Clippers have done this season.

Then comes the question Knicks fans will snap at me for (regardless of my answer): Is this season a failure if they don’t reach the Eastern Conference Finals? I say yes, only because this is a team built to win now, not in a few years.

Oh, and we talk a little Seattle/Sacramento. That could go either way, but if I were a betting man right now I’d bet Sacramento.

1. rickyspanish - Apr 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM

The fact you’re betting Sacramento makes me lean towards Seattle.

2. snoqualmieterry - Apr 4, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Seattle has a commitment from the Maloofs to buy the team. Even if the owners say no to relocation, the sale should be approved.

3. nashernation - Apr 5, 2013 at 1:15 AM

The Knicks need to make the eastern conference finals to be considered a successful season in my opinion. Those great Knick teams of the 90s couldn’t get passed Jordan’s Bulls. It’s Lebron’s Heat in this era. Does Lebron want any other challenges to take up in Pro sports like MJ. How about acting?

4. norcal031 - Apr 5, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Nuggablocker fans, this team reminds me os the ’11 Dallas team that just needed Dirkowitz to get hot. If Mello can do what Dirk did then they are unsopable…..

5. marcusfitzhugh - Apr 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM

As a native New Yorker, I can assuredly state “the season is already a success”. Do you remember where the Knicks were a few short years ago? They had a maxed out salary cap with the team built around Eddie Curry and Marbury. Coaches were regularly fired and they struggled to win 30 games. That team was unwatchable.

Contrast that to this week. They started off by beating Boston (always a joy). Next we saw Melo light up Miami for 50. Then he dropped 40 on Atlanta the next night outI want a world championship, but I recognize going from where they were, to the second best record in the East means it’s too latefor this season to be a “failure”. “Not as successful as I’d like” is a possibility, but “failure” is not an option.

6. dysraw1 - Apr 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

right now its important to start planning how to get pass our 1st rd. opponents nothing more.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches