Apr 4, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
What are NBA fans talking about on Thursday? besides Knicks hot streak and where the Kings will play next season?
The NBA twittersphere was buzzing about the new “Italian celebration” of the Nuggets. We saw it Wednesday night after a big Danilo Gallinari three ball that helped sink the Jazz. First Gallinari does a little kissing the tips of his fingers gesture followed by the Nuggets bench responding with bunching their fingers together and shaking those hands over their heads in another gesture considered Italian in origin. I guess.
Because you can find anything on the Internet, NBA.com’s All Ball blog looked up what the gestures mean. I’m not sure it matters (and I don’t think it is done as intended to insult a culture, although if it was another culture would we say that?). It’s kind of amusing and in a league where finding creative celebrations is not always easy this is certainly creative.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 9
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8