Apr 4, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
What are NBA fans talking about on Thursday? besides Knicks hot streak and where the Kings will play next season?
The NBA twittersphere was buzzing about the new “Italian celebration” of the Nuggets. We saw it Wednesday night after a big Danilo Gallinari three ball that helped sink the Jazz. First Gallinari does a little kissing the tips of his fingers gesture followed by the Nuggets bench responding with bunching their fingers together and shaking those hands over their heads in another gesture considered Italian in origin. I guess.
Because you can find anything on the Internet, NBA.com’s All Ball blog looked up what the gestures mean. I’m not sure it matters (and I don’t think it is done as intended to insult a culture, although if it was another culture would we say that?). It’s kind of amusing and in a league where finding creative celebrations is not always easy this is certainly creative.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5