Apr 4, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
What are NBA fans talking about on Thursday? besides Knicks hot streak and where the Kings will play next season?
The NBA twittersphere was buzzing about the new “Italian celebration” of the Nuggets. We saw it Wednesday night after a big Danilo Gallinari three ball that helped sink the Jazz. First Gallinari does a little kissing the tips of his fingers gesture followed by the Nuggets bench responding with bunching their fingers together and shaking those hands over their heads in another gesture considered Italian in origin. I guess.
Because you can find anything on the Internet, NBA.com’s All Ball blog looked up what the gestures mean. I’m not sure it matters (and I don’t think it is done as intended to insult a culture, although if it was another culture would we say that?). It’s kind of amusing and in a league where finding creative celebrations is not always easy this is certainly creative.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4