Apr 4, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
What are NBA fans talking about on Thursday? besides Knicks hot streak and where the Kings will play next season?
The NBA twittersphere was buzzing about the new “Italian celebration” of the Nuggets. We saw it Wednesday night after a big Danilo Gallinari three ball that helped sink the Jazz. First Gallinari does a little kissing the tips of his fingers gesture followed by the Nuggets bench responding with bunching their fingers together and shaking those hands over their heads in another gesture considered Italian in origin. I guess.
Because you can find anything on the Internet, NBA.com’s All Ball blog looked up what the gestures mean. I’m not sure it matters (and I don’t think it is done as intended to insult a culture, although if it was another culture would we say that?). It’s kind of amusing and in a league where finding creative celebrations is not always easy this is certainly creative.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 11
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13