Apr 4, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
What are NBA fans talking about on Thursday? besides Knicks hot streak and where the Kings will play next season?
The NBA twittersphere was buzzing about the new “Italian celebration” of the Nuggets. We saw it Wednesday night after a big Danilo Gallinari three ball that helped sink the Jazz. First Gallinari does a little kissing the tips of his fingers gesture followed by the Nuggets bench responding with bunching their fingers together and shaking those hands over their heads in another gesture considered Italian in origin. I guess.
Because you can find anything on the Internet, NBA.com’s All Ball blog looked up what the gestures mean. I’m not sure it matters (and I don’t think it is done as intended to insult a culture, although if it was another culture would we say that?). It’s kind of amusing and in a league where finding creative celebrations is not always easy this is certainly creative.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 0
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8