Apr 4, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
This did not look good. At all.
With 4:16 remaining in the second quarter Thursday night in Denver, Danilo Gallinari went to the floor on the baseline after his left knee appeared to buckle after he came to a jump stop on a drive to the basket.
Gallinari appeared to be in a lot of pain, and was placed in a wheelchair once he left the court.
The Nuggets announced that Gallinari would not return, and that an MRI was scheduled for Friday to determine the extent of the injury.
The loss of Gallinari would be a crushing blow to a Nuggets team that’s already without Ty Lawson due to a plantar fascia injury. Lawson may be back in a couple of weeks, but whether or not he’ll immediately be capable of pushing the pace to the level he has all season remains to be seen.
Gallinari is second only to Lawson in scoring in Denver, and is averaging 16.3 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 2.5 assists in 32.8 minutes per game this season.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23