Apr 4, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
This did not look good. At all.
With 4:16 remaining in the second quarter Thursday night in Denver, Danilo Gallinari went to the floor on the baseline after his left knee appeared to buckle after he came to a jump stop on a drive to the basket.
Gallinari appeared to be in a lot of pain, and was placed in a wheelchair once he left the court.
The Nuggets announced that Gallinari would not return, and that an MRI was scheduled for Friday to determine the extent of the injury.
The loss of Gallinari would be a crushing blow to a Nuggets team that’s already without Ty Lawson due to a plantar fascia injury. Lawson may be back in a couple of weeks, but whether or not he’ll immediately be capable of pushing the pace to the level he has all season remains to be seen.
Gallinari is second only to Lawson in scoring in Denver, and is averaging 16.3 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 2.5 assists in 32.8 minutes per game this season.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 0
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 18
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10