Apr 4, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
This did not look good. At all.
With 4:16 remaining in the second quarter Thursday night in Denver, Danilo Gallinari went to the floor on the baseline after his left knee appeared to buckle after he came to a jump stop on a drive to the basket.
Gallinari appeared to be in a lot of pain, and was placed in a wheelchair once he left the court.
The Nuggets announced that Gallinari would not return, and that an MRI was scheduled for Friday to determine the extent of the injury.
The loss of Gallinari would be a crushing blow to a Nuggets team that’s already without Ty Lawson due to a plantar fascia injury. Lawson may be back in a couple of weeks, but whether or not he’ll immediately be capable of pushing the pace to the level he has all season remains to be seen.
Gallinari is second only to Lawson in scoring in Denver, and is averaging 16.3 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 2.5 assists in 32.8 minutes per game this season.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61