Apr 4, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
This just sucks.
The home of Miami Heat player Chris Bosh was robbed and $340,000 worth of watches, rings and purses were taken, Miami Beach Police said Thursday….
But on Wednesday night, Bosh was out celebrating his 29th birthday at Briza on the Bay on Bayshore Drive in Miami with a Moroccan themed party, which included belly dancers and fire breathers. And a camel named Henri greeted guests.
(Just a note as someone who was a crime/court reporter for years — Bosh’s home was burglarized, not robbed. There’s a difference and if he was out it was burglarized.)
That just sucks. If you’ve ever been the victim of this (I have) you know replacing the stuff is part of it, but it’s the sentimental value of some items and the loss of feeling fully safe in your own home that are worse. I feel for Chris.
Also, like you I’m thinking I need to get invited to the next party Chris Bosh throws.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 6
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (43)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)