Apr 3, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
I’m sure they are injured. Officially. I mean if this were a playoff game they’d be out there but David Stern set up the rules when he fined the Spurs for resting players earlier this year — the last couple weeks whenever a player is rested he is officially listed as injured. There isn’t a player in the NBA without the bumps and bruises to be listed as injured right now.
So tonight, it is Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard who are injured and resting for the Spurs, tweets Sam Amick of the USA Today. Manu Ginobili also will be out with the hamstring injury that could have his sitting even when the playoffs start.
Not that any of it should matter against Orlando Wednesday.
The Spurs have lost two in a row and have a one-game lead over the Thunder for the best record in the West. Gregg Popovich has shown in the past that getting players rested and healthy matters more to him than seeding heading into the postseason. Which means there is a real chance the Thunder could pass the Spurs for the top spot.
The Thunder and Spurs face off on Thursday, we’ll see who — if anyone — Popovich rests for that game.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30