Apr 3, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
I’m sure they are injured. Officially. I mean if this were a playoff game they’d be out there but David Stern set up the rules when he fined the Spurs for resting players earlier this year — the last couple weeks whenever a player is rested he is officially listed as injured. There isn’t a player in the NBA without the bumps and bruises to be listed as injured right now.
So tonight, it is Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard who are injured and resting for the Spurs, tweets Sam Amick of the USA Today. Manu Ginobili also will be out with the hamstring injury that could have his sitting even when the playoffs start.
Not that any of it should matter against Orlando Wednesday.
The Spurs have lost two in a row and have a one-game lead over the Thunder for the best record in the West. Gregg Popovich has shown in the past that getting players rested and healthy matters more to him than seeding heading into the postseason. Which means there is a real chance the Thunder could pass the Spurs for the top spot.
The Thunder and Spurs face off on Thursday, we’ll see who — if anyone — Popovich rests for that game.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 23
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23