Apr 3, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Mark Cuban loves to tweak Phil Jackson….
• When teams face the Spurs in the playoffs, did the Heat give them the blueprint on how to beat them?
• I’m not fully sold on Henry Abbott’s call for Erik Spoelstra as Coach of the Year, but his point about coaching less rather than over-coaching a team is spot on.
• Along those same lines, here is a breakdown of the habits of the game’s best shooters.
• Knicks owner James Dolan did the whole “don’t you know who I am?” thing and fired a security guard that didn’t recognize him. But at least later had a change of heart.
• The Pacers playoff losses to the Heat last year shaped the basis of their success this year.
• And for fun, watch next year’s No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins throw down an impressive dunk at the McDonald’s All American dunk contest.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 6
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 36
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 6