Apr 3, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Mark Cuban loves to tweak Phil Jackson….
• When teams face the Spurs in the playoffs, did the Heat give them the blueprint on how to beat them?
• I’m not fully sold on Henry Abbott’s call for Erik Spoelstra as Coach of the Year, but his point about coaching less rather than over-coaching a team is spot on.
• Along those same lines, here is a breakdown of the habits of the game’s best shooters.
• Knicks owner James Dolan did the whole “don’t you know who I am?” thing and fired a security guard that didn’t recognize him. But at least later had a change of heart.
• The Pacers playoff losses to the Heat last year shaped the basis of their success this year.
• And for fun, watch next year’s No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins throw down an impressive dunk at the McDonald’s All American dunk contest.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 14
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0