Apr 3, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Mark Cuban loves to tweak Phil Jackson….
• When teams face the Spurs in the playoffs, did the Heat give them the blueprint on how to beat them?
• I’m not fully sold on Henry Abbott’s call for Erik Spoelstra as Coach of the Year, but his point about coaching less rather than over-coaching a team is spot on.
• Along those same lines, here is a breakdown of the habits of the game’s best shooters.
• Knicks owner James Dolan did the whole “don’t you know who I am?” thing and fired a security guard that didn’t recognize him. But at least later had a change of heart.
• The Pacers playoff losses to the Heat last year shaped the basis of their success this year.
• And for fun, watch next year’s No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins throw down an impressive dunk at the McDonald’s All American dunk contest.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33