Apr 3, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Mark Cuban loves to tweak Phil Jackson….
• When teams face the Spurs in the playoffs, did the Heat give them the blueprint on how to beat them?
• I’m not fully sold on Henry Abbott’s call for Erik Spoelstra as Coach of the Year, but his point about coaching less rather than over-coaching a team is spot on.
• Along those same lines, here is a breakdown of the habits of the game’s best shooters.
• Knicks owner James Dolan did the whole “don’t you know who I am?” thing and fired a security guard that didn’t recognize him. But at least later had a change of heart.
• The Pacers playoff losses to the Heat last year shaped the basis of their success this year.
• And for fun, watch next year’s No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins throw down an impressive dunk at the McDonald’s All American dunk contest.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31