Apr 3, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
A rough rookie season from an injury standpoint will finally come to an end for Bradley Beal of the Washington Wizards, who will miss the remainder of the season with a stress injury to his right fibula, the team announced on Wednesday.
Beal is expected to be sidelined from basketball activities for approximately six weeks.
The latest injury will cost Beal the final eight games of the year, which will make a total of 26 games he’s been forced to miss due to injury – 11 due to a sprained left ankle, five due to a sprained right wrist and two due to a sore back. according to the team’s official release.
Beal was the third overall pick in last summer’s draft, and averaged 13.9 points, 2.4 rebounds and 3.8 assists while playing 31.2 minutes per game. He had eight points and five rebounds in 28 minutes off the bench in the Wizards’ 90-86 win over the Bulls on Tuesday.
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 0
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 3
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) 23
- The Extra Pass: Golden State’s Elevator Screen plus Wednesday’s recaps 1
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Vintage Dwyane Wade sighting 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)