Apr 2, 2013, 1:01 AM EST
For a Grizzlies team that could use a little confidence boost headed to the playoffs, this was it — they beat the Spurs on a dramatic last-second shot. They did it by creating a shot under pressure — what people thought they would struggle to do without Rudy Gay.
The game was tied 90-90 with six seconds left and Mike Conley got the ball out top, went between the legs and drove on Danny Green, and while he never got much separation he got enough space to hit the floating lay-up over him.
For the Spurs, that is two losses in the last seconds on consecutive days — Chris Bosh beat the Spurs with a game winner for the Heat on Sunday.
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19