Apr 2, 2013, 1:01 AM EDT
For a Grizzlies team that could use a little confidence boost headed to the playoffs, this was it — they beat the Spurs on a dramatic last-second shot. They did it by creating a shot under pressure — what people thought they would struggle to do without Rudy Gay.
The game was tied 90-90 with six seconds left and Mike Conley got the ball out top, went between the legs and drove on Danny Green, and while he never got much separation he got enough space to hit the floating lay-up over him.
For the Spurs, that is two losses in the last seconds on consecutive days — Chris Bosh beat the Spurs with a game winner for the Heat on Sunday.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32