Apr 2, 2013, 1:01 AM EDT
For a Grizzlies team that could use a little confidence boost headed to the playoffs, this was it — they beat the Spurs on a dramatic last-second shot. They did it by creating a shot under pressure — what people thought they would struggle to do without Rudy Gay.
The game was tied 90-90 with six seconds left and Mike Conley got the ball out top, went between the legs and drove on Danny Green, and while he never got much separation he got enough space to hit the floating lay-up over him.
For the Spurs, that is two losses in the last seconds on consecutive days — Chris Bosh beat the Spurs with a game winner for the Heat on Sunday.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 6
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 36
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 6