Apr 2, 2013, 1:01 AM EDT
For a Grizzlies team that could use a little confidence boost headed to the playoffs, this was it — they beat the Spurs on a dramatic last-second shot. They did it by creating a shot under pressure — what people thought they would struggle to do without Rudy Gay.
The game was tied 90-90 with six seconds left and Mike Conley got the ball out top, went between the legs and drove on Danny Green, and while he never got much separation he got enough space to hit the floating lay-up over him.
For the Spurs, that is two losses in the last seconds on consecutive days — Chris Bosh beat the Spurs with a game winner for the Heat on Sunday.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 10
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 9
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 21