Apr 2, 2013, 1:01 AM EST
For a Grizzlies team that could use a little confidence boost headed to the playoffs, this was it — they beat the Spurs on a dramatic last-second shot. They did it by creating a shot under pressure — what people thought they would struggle to do without Rudy Gay.
The game was tied 90-90 with six seconds left and Mike Conley got the ball out top, went between the legs and drove on Danny Green, and while he never got much separation he got enough space to hit the floating lay-up over him.
For the Spurs, that is two losses in the last seconds on consecutive days — Chris Bosh beat the Spurs with a game winner for the Heat on Sunday.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 7
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 1
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9