Apr 2, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
If the Bulls had designs on moving out of the six seed — and you know Tom Thibodeau wants to win every game with a white hot passion — this was not a good night.
But the bigger concern may be Taj Gibson, who sprained his knee in the first half, didn’t play the second and will have an MRI on Wednesday just to see how bad things are. Gibson recently missed 10 games due to a sprained MCL and this is the same knee.
This was a game where the Bulls looked shorthanded — they got 19 points and 12 rebounds from Carlos Boozer, 17 from Nate Robinson and 13 from Luol Deng, but the Bulls seemed to wear down as the game went on. Their early leads evaporated. In the fourth quarter the havoc Wall was wreaking started to give the Bulls defense some issues — A.J. Price was getting open looks and knocking them down.
The Wizards never pulled away, but they were able to do enough to get the win. Which is what we have seen from them a lot in recent weeks — they have something to build around next year.
The Bulls have to find a way to get guys healthy for the playoffs, with or without Rose. They are a team that has been grinding all season and you wonder if they can get right or will be ground down when the games really matter in a couple weeks.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2