Apr 2, 2013, 5:53 PM EST
Back in August 2011 former NBA player Javaris Crittenton — you remember him, the other guy from the Gilbert Arenas gun incident — was arrested for his ties to a drive-by shooting that killed a mother of four in Atlanta. He was released on bond but the case had yet to go to trial. (In the mean time, Crittenton was arrested on domestic abuse charges.)
Now Crittenton has been indicted on murder charges, according to a tweet from WSB television in Atlanta (hat tip to Robert Littal of BlackSportsOnline).
This is almost certainly for the same case. Police allege he pulled the trigger in the drive by but that the woman killed was an innocent bystander.
Crittenton was a first-round pick for the Lakers who looked promising in flashes but was traded in the Pau Gasol deal to Memphis. He didn’t catch on there and was next in Washington, where he and Arenas got in a verbal spat and brought guns into the locker room. Then got suspended for the rest of a season. Crittenton has not been back in the NBA since.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 4
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13