Apr 2, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Back in August 2011 former NBA player Javaris Crittenton — you remember him, the other guy from the Gilbert Arenas gun incident — was arrested for his ties to a drive-by shooting that killed a mother of four in Atlanta. He was released on bond but the case had yet to go to trial. (In the mean time, Crittenton was arrested on domestic abuse charges.)
Now Crittenton has been indicted on murder charges, according to a tweet from WSB television in Atlanta (hat tip to Robert Littal of BlackSportsOnline).
This is almost certainly for the same case. Police allege he pulled the trigger in the drive by but that the woman killed was an innocent bystander.
Crittenton was a first-round pick for the Lakers who looked promising in flashes but was traded in the Pau Gasol deal to Memphis. He didn’t catch on there and was next in Washington, where he and Arenas got in a verbal spat and brought guns into the locker room. Then got suspended for the rest of a season. Crittenton has not been back in the NBA since.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31