Apr 2, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Back in August 2011 former NBA player Javaris Crittenton — you remember him, the other guy from the Gilbert Arenas gun incident — was arrested for his ties to a drive-by shooting that killed a mother of four in Atlanta. He was released on bond but the case had yet to go to trial. (In the mean time, Crittenton was arrested on domestic abuse charges.)
Now Crittenton has been indicted on murder charges, according to a tweet from WSB television in Atlanta (hat tip to Robert Littal of BlackSportsOnline).
This is almost certainly for the same case. Police allege he pulled the trigger in the drive by but that the woman killed was an innocent bystander.
Crittenton was a first-round pick for the Lakers who looked promising in flashes but was traded in the Pau Gasol deal to Memphis. He didn’t catch on there and was next in Washington, where he and Arenas got in a verbal spat and brought guns into the locker room. Then got suspended for the rest of a season. Crittenton has not been back in the NBA since.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40