Apr 2, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Back in August 2011 former NBA player Javaris Crittenton — you remember him, the other guy from the Gilbert Arenas gun incident — was arrested for his ties to a drive-by shooting that killed a mother of four in Atlanta. He was released on bond but the case had yet to go to trial. (In the mean time, Crittenton was arrested on domestic abuse charges.)
Now Crittenton has been indicted on murder charges, according to a tweet from WSB television in Atlanta (hat tip to Robert Littal of BlackSportsOnline).
This is almost certainly for the same case. Police allege he pulled the trigger in the drive by but that the woman killed was an innocent bystander.
Crittenton was a first-round pick for the Lakers who looked promising in flashes but was traded in the Pau Gasol deal to Memphis. He didn’t catch on there and was next in Washington, where he and Arenas got in a verbal spat and brought guns into the locker room. Then got suspended for the rest of a season. Crittenton has not been back in the NBA since.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31