Apr 2, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Back in August 2011 former NBA player Javaris Crittenton — you remember him, the other guy from the Gilbert Arenas gun incident — was arrested for his ties to a drive-by shooting that killed a mother of four in Atlanta. He was released on bond but the case had yet to go to trial. (In the mean time, Crittenton was arrested on domestic abuse charges.)
Now Crittenton has been indicted on murder charges, according to a tweet from WSB television in Atlanta (hat tip to Robert Littal of BlackSportsOnline).
This is almost certainly for the same case. Police allege he pulled the trigger in the drive by but that the woman killed was an innocent bystander.
Crittenton was a first-round pick for the Lakers who looked promising in flashes but was traded in the Pau Gasol deal to Memphis. He didn’t catch on there and was next in Washington, where he and Arenas got in a verbal spat and brought guns into the locker room. Then got suspended for the rest of a season. Crittenton has not been back in the NBA since.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 0
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 39
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55