Apr 2, 2013, 10:43 AM EST
You don’t see as many tip-ins in the NBA anymore, mostly because guys like Blake Griffin don’t tip the ball in so much as throw it down with authority.
But on a Griffin missed jumper at the end of the half Monday night Caron Butler made an impressive tip-in play — he got to a shot well short of the rim, tipped it back over his head and into the basket as time expired. That was impressive.
It didn’t help the Clippers get a win over the Pacers, and Los Angeles is now 7-8 in its last 15. And it’s numbers against the best teams is far worse (they are 2-8 against the West’s playoff teams in their last 10). In the next few days they will win their first-ever Pacific Division title, but if that is not followed with a strong playoff performance there should be changes with the Clippers this summer. And Butler may be one of those.
But that doesn’t take anything away from this play.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9