Apr 2, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
You don’t see as many tip-ins in the NBA anymore, mostly because guys like Blake Griffin don’t tip the ball in so much as throw it down with authority.
But on a Griffin missed jumper at the end of the half Monday night Caron Butler made an impressive tip-in play — he got to a shot well short of the rim, tipped it back over his head and into the basket as time expired. That was impressive.
It didn’t help the Clippers get a win over the Pacers, and Los Angeles is now 7-8 in its last 15. And it’s numbers against the best teams is far worse (they are 2-8 against the West’s playoff teams in their last 10). In the next few days they will win their first-ever Pacific Division title, but if that is not followed with a strong playoff performance there should be changes with the Clippers this summer. And Butler may be one of those.
But that doesn’t take anything away from this play.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48