Apr 1, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
Momentum is building in Washington, where the Wizards have won their last seven home games. A palpable sense of excitement surrounds the team, which is closing in on its goal. Though achieving the feat seemed unlikely as recently as weeks ago, the players openly talk about it now. Against all odds, the Wizards might somehow do it.
“That’s what we’re shooting for,” point guard John Wall said of ninth place. “We know we gave a game away in Orlando. … We’re approaching (the last nine games) like a playoff team, like we are fighting for the seventh or eighth seed.”
Perhaps, the Wizards – tied with the Raptors at three games back from the No. 9 76ers with nine games left – will appreciate this approach if they’re healthy and fighting for an actual playoff spot next season. It might be more likely, they’d rather have Shabazz Muhammad playing for them at that point rather than Alex Len – the difference between the draft 9th-best player and 11th-best player according to DraftExpress.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15