Apr 1, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
Momentum is building in Washington, where the Wizards have won their last seven home games. A palpable sense of excitement surrounds the team, which is closing in on its goal. Though achieving the feat seemed unlikely as recently as weeks ago, the players openly talk about it now. Against all odds, the Wizards might somehow do it.
“That’s what we’re shooting for,” point guard John Wall said of ninth place. “We know we gave a game away in Orlando. … We’re approaching (the last nine games) like a playoff team, like we are fighting for the seventh or eighth seed.”
Perhaps, the Wizards – tied with the Raptors at three games back from the No. 9 76ers with nine games left – will appreciate this approach if they’re healthy and fighting for an actual playoff spot next season. It might be more likely, they’d rather have Shabazz Muhammad playing for them at that point rather than Alex Len – the difference between the draft 9th-best player and 11th-best player according to DraftExpress.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 0
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 71
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8