Apr 1, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
Andre Drummond has had a very promising rookie season — the Pistons’ big man has looked like he could be the second best player out of this past draft class at points this year (behind Anthony Davis, and yes better than Damian Lillard down the line). He is athletic, gets to the rim and can finish there, plus he can rebound and defend.
What he can’t do is make free throws — he’s shooting 36.1 percent this season. And these two free throws from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss to Chicago were as bad as it gets. This summer he needs to get that percentage up before “hack-a-Drummond” becomes an NBA trend.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 0
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 3
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 3
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16