Apr 1, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
Andre Drummond has had a very promising rookie season — the Pistons’ big man has looked like he could be the second best player out of this past draft class at points this year (behind Anthony Davis, and yes better than Damian Lillard down the line). He is athletic, gets to the rim and can finish there, plus he can rebound and defend.
What he can’t do is make free throws — he’s shooting 36.1 percent this season. And these two free throws from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss to Chicago were as bad as it gets. This summer he needs to get that percentage up before “hack-a-Drummond” becomes an NBA trend.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31