Apr 1, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
Andre Drummond has had a very promising rookie season — the Pistons’ big man has looked like he could be the second best player out of this past draft class at points this year (behind Anthony Davis, and yes better than Damian Lillard down the line). He is athletic, gets to the rim and can finish there, plus he can rebound and defend.
What he can’t do is make free throws — he’s shooting 36.1 percent this season. And these two free throws from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss to Chicago were as bad as it gets. This summer he needs to get that percentage up before “hack-a-Drummond” becomes an NBA trend.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 0
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10