Apr 1, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
Andre Drummond has had a very promising rookie season — the Pistons’ big man has looked like he could be the second best player out of this past draft class at points this year (behind Anthony Davis, and yes better than Damian Lillard down the line). He is athletic, gets to the rim and can finish there, plus he can rebound and defend.
What he can’t do is make free throws — he’s shooting 36.1 percent this season. And these two free throws from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss to Chicago were as bad as it gets. This summer he needs to get that percentage up before “hack-a-Drummond” becomes an NBA trend.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28