Apr 1, 2013, 8:42 AM EST
Andre Drummond has had a very promising rookie season — the Pistons’ big man has looked like he could be the second best player out of this past draft class at points this year (behind Anthony Davis, and yes better than Damian Lillard down the line). He is athletic, gets to the rim and can finish there, plus he can rebound and defend.
What he can’t do is make free throws — he’s shooting 36.1 percent this season. And these two free throws from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss to Chicago were as bad as it gets. This summer he needs to get that percentage up before “hack-a-Drummond” becomes an NBA trend.
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 0
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 6
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)