Apr 1, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT
When the news leaked that Ty Lawson had a plantar fascia tear in right heel we told you this was not good news — Pau Gasol had just been out six weeks with a plantar fascia tear.
There remains no official timetable with Lawson but in a story about the optimism around the Nuggets on their official site, the news about Lawson was not as optimistic from coach George Karl.
“I have a feeling that he had somewhat of a (partial) tear in his plantar fasciitis and that’s untreatable,” Karl said. “But popping it creates a situation where now once the soreness goes away, he probably should be able to be pain-free. It could come in a couple weeks.
“His job and our job is to figure out how to get him feeling 100 percent and having some confidence playing the game of basketball. I think it’s a situation where it’s going to work out. I’m optimistic about how it’s going to work out.”
Well, that’s both not good and vague.
The problem is where the Nuggets are in the standings — they are currently the three seed, but just half a game ahead of Memphis and tied with them in the loss column; and one game ahead of the Clippers (one up in the loss column). But remember the Clippers can go no lower than the four seed because they will win the Pacific (they can clinch it Monday night). The Clippers don’t automatically get home court in the first round, however, the better record does.
The bottom line is the three seed amongst Denver, Memphis and Los Angeles will likely get Golden State in the first round and the next two will get each other. The three seed has an easier path to the second round.
Lawson is the mist indispensable Nugget, he drives their offense and creates shots when things get stagnant. He’s also pretty confident. Denver is going to have to find a way to get wins until the season ends and try to hold on to that three seed or at least the four seed — get that home court advantage and Denver is much tougher to beat.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29