Apr 1, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
John Wall had 18 points and 10 assists to help the Wizards beat the Raptors last night, even though Nene missed the game due to injury. Or if you ask Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry, maybe that was because Nene missed the game.
“The floor is a little more spaced for him,” Lowry said of Wall. “Having two bigs, Nene and Emeka, definitely clogged the paint where it closes up his driving lanes. Unfortunately, with Nene being out, it gives John the opportunity to get into the paint a little bit more and use his speed.”
Though Lowry might have been making an excuse after Wall outplayed him head-to-head, there is some truth to his statement. Wall’s points per play, via nba wowy!, decreases when he plays with Okafor and Nene.
- With only Okafor: .99
- With only Nene: .92
- With Nene and Okafor: .90
Wall is obviously central to the Wizards’ future. Okafor is under contract for more than $14 million next season, and Nene has three years and $39 million remaining on his deal. So, for now, this might be a problem without a solution for the Wizards.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 8
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29