Apr 1, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have added some veteran depth for their run in the playoffs.
As had been rumored, they are bringing 12-year NBA veteran Keyon Dooling on board — a guy with playoff experience who has been well liked and respected by teammates at every stop.
Dooling himself made the announcement on twitter.
Dooling isn’t going to play a lot — maybe the handful of minutes a game rookie Tony Wroten gets. But as the games get serious Dooling gives the Griz a veteran presence. Just remember didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season — he had a PER of 6.9 and in the playoffs that jumped up to a still weak 9.9 — and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10