Apr 1, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have added some veteran depth for their run in the playoffs.
As had been rumored, they are bringing 12-year NBA veteran Keyon Dooling on board — a guy with playoff experience who has been well liked and respected by teammates at every stop.
Dooling himself made the announcement on twitter.
Dooling isn’t going to play a lot — maybe the handful of minutes a game rookie Tony Wroten gets. But as the games get serious Dooling gives the Griz a veteran presence. Just remember didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season — he had a PER of 6.9 and in the playoffs that jumped up to a still weak 9.9 — and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17