Apr 1, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have added some veteran depth for their run in the playoffs.
As had been rumored, they are bringing 12-year NBA veteran Keyon Dooling on board — a guy with playoff experience who has been well liked and respected by teammates at every stop.
Dooling himself made the announcement on twitter.
Dooling isn’t going to play a lot — maybe the handful of minutes a game rookie Tony Wroten gets. But as the games get serious Dooling gives the Griz a veteran presence. Just remember didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season — he had a PER of 6.9 and in the playoffs that jumped up to a still weak 9.9 — and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25