Apr 1, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have added some veteran depth for their run in the playoffs.
As had been rumored, they are bringing 12-year NBA veteran Keyon Dooling on board — a guy with playoff experience who has been well liked and respected by teammates at every stop.
Dooling himself made the announcement on twitter.
Dooling isn’t going to play a lot — maybe the handful of minutes a game rookie Tony Wroten gets. But as the games get serious Dooling gives the Griz a veteran presence. Just remember didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season — he had a PER of 6.9 and in the playoffs that jumped up to a still weak 9.9 — and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11