Apr 1, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have added some veteran depth for their run in the playoffs.
As had been rumored, they are bringing 12-year NBA veteran Keyon Dooling on board — a guy with playoff experience who has been well liked and respected by teammates at every stop.
Dooling himself made the announcement on twitter.
Dooling isn’t going to play a lot — maybe the handful of minutes a game rookie Tony Wroten gets. But as the games get serious Dooling gives the Griz a veteran presence. Just remember didn’t play particularly well in Boston last season — he had a PER of 6.9 and in the playoffs that jumped up to a still weak 9.9 — and hasn’t shot better than 40.5 percent in three seasons.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18