Apr 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Welcome to PBT’s roundup of yesterday’s NBA games. Or, what you missed while trying to avoid seeing the replay of Kevin Ware’s horrific injury in the Elite Eight.
Heat 88, Spurs 86: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Mario Chalmers all sat out of this one for Miami due to various injuries, but the Heat managed to come away with the win anyway thanks to a game-winning three-pointer from Chris Bosh that pushed Miami’s lead in the overall standings to three full games over the Spurs.
Hornets 112, Cavaliers 92: Kyrie Irving returned from injury for the Cavaliers, after missing his team’s last eight games due to a shoulder injury. He scored 31 points in 29 minutes, but it wasn’t enough to keep a Hornets team that got big performances from Ryan Anderson and Greivis Vazquez from coming away with the victory.
Knicks 108, Celtics 89: New York has now won eight straight games, which is the longest active winning streak in the NBA at this point in the season. This particular game saw the Knicks lead by as many as 24 points before the night was through, as New york finished with six players in double figures.
Bulls 95, Pistons 94: Detroit actually led by as many as 13 points in this one, before Chicago, continuing to play without Joakim Noah and Marco Belinelli, managed to impose its will over the game’s final 24 minutes.
A disadvantage of eight turnovers helped to bury Detroit, while an advantage of 18 free throw attempts in Chicago’s favor (40-28) helped to close this one out against the Pistons.
Wizards 109, Raptors 92: Washington has been much better at home than the team has been on the road, and Sunday night hosting the Raptors was no exception. The Wizards got balanced scoring, led by 24 points from Bradley Beal on 8-14 shooting that helped Washington post a victory for just the second time in its last five games.
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 0
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 23
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 10
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)