Apr 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Welcome to PBT’s roundup of yesterday’s NBA games. Or, what you missed while trying to avoid seeing the replay of Kevin Ware’s horrific injury in the Elite Eight.
Heat 88, Spurs 86: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Mario Chalmers all sat out of this one for Miami due to various injuries, but the Heat managed to come away with the win anyway thanks to a game-winning three-pointer from Chris Bosh that pushed Miami’s lead in the overall standings to three full games over the Spurs.
Hornets 112, Cavaliers 92: Kyrie Irving returned from injury for the Cavaliers, after missing his team’s last eight games due to a shoulder injury. He scored 31 points in 29 minutes, but it wasn’t enough to keep a Hornets team that got big performances from Ryan Anderson and Greivis Vazquez from coming away with the victory.
Knicks 108, Celtics 89: New York has now won eight straight games, which is the longest active winning streak in the NBA at this point in the season. This particular game saw the Knicks lead by as many as 24 points before the night was through, as New york finished with six players in double figures.
Bulls 95, Pistons 94: Detroit actually led by as many as 13 points in this one, before Chicago, continuing to play without Joakim Noah and Marco Belinelli, managed to impose its will over the game’s final 24 minutes.
A disadvantage of eight turnovers helped to bury Detroit, while an advantage of 18 free throw attempts in Chicago’s favor (40-28) helped to close this one out against the Pistons.
Wizards 109, Raptors 92: Washington has been much better at home than the team has been on the road, and Sunday night hosting the Raptors was no exception. The Wizards got balanced scoring, led by 24 points from Bradley Beal on 8-14 shooting that helped Washington post a victory for just the second time in its last five games.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 0
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 26
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 22
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26