Mar 31, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant moved into fourth place on the NBA’s all-time scoring list on Saturday, after hitting a pull-up jumper from 15 feet out with 7:55 remaining in the second quarter against the Sacramento Kings.
The shot pushed Bryant past Wilt Chamberlain, who now sits at fifth with 31,419 career points.
Bryant trails only Michael Jordan (32,292), Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). If he continues to play at or even near his current level, Bryant will be on pace to overtake Jordan on the list at some point midway through next season.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18