Mar 31, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant moved into fourth place on the NBA’s all-time scoring list on Saturday, after hitting a pull-up jumper from 15 feet out with 7:55 remaining in the second quarter against the Sacramento Kings.
The shot pushed Bryant past Wilt Chamberlain, who now sits at fifth with 31,419 career points.
Bryant trails only Michael Jordan (32,292), Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). If he continues to play at or even near his current level, Bryant will be on pace to overtake Jordan on the list at some point midway through next season.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17