Mar 31, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant moved into fourth place on the NBA’s all-time scoring list on Saturday, after hitting a pull-up jumper from 15 feet out with 7:55 remaining in the second quarter against the Sacramento Kings.
The shot pushed Bryant past Wilt Chamberlain, who now sits at fifth with 31,419 career points.
Bryant trails only Michael Jordan (32,292), Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). If he continues to play at or even near his current level, Bryant will be on pace to overtake Jordan on the list at some point midway through next season.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 13
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 28
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23