Mar 31, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant moved into fourth place on the NBA’s all-time scoring list on Saturday, after hitting a pull-up jumper from 15 feet out with 7:55 remaining in the second quarter against the Sacramento Kings.
The shot pushed Bryant past Wilt Chamberlain, who now sits at fifth with 31,419 career points.
Bryant trails only Michael Jordan (32,292), Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). If he continues to play at or even near his current level, Bryant will be on pace to overtake Jordan on the list at some point midway through next season.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18