Mar 31, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant moved into fourth place on the NBA’s all-time scoring list on Saturday, after hitting a pull-up jumper from 15 feet out with 7:55 remaining in the second quarter against the Sacramento Kings.
The shot pushed Bryant past Wilt Chamberlain, who now sits at fifth with 31,419 career points.
Bryant trails only Michael Jordan (32,292), Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). If he continues to play at or even near his current level, Bryant will be on pace to overtake Jordan on the list at some point midway through next season.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19