Mar 31, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
This looked at lot worse than it was.
After converting a shot in the lane and drawing a foul call on Dirk Nowitzki, Carlos Boozer was excited. So excited, in fact, that he failed to notice referee Danny Crawford standing right next to him.
Boozer went for the celebratory fist pump, which ended up accidentally punching Crawford squarely below the belt.
Thankfully Crawford was fine, and laughed it off immediately afterward. Boozer obviously didn’t mean to do it, but you have to wonder if a less seasoned official may have written the play off as quickly.
Crawford, who has been in the league as an official since the 1984-85 season, has enough experience to know how to handle an unintentional play like this.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0