Mar 31, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
This looked at lot worse than it was.
After converting a shot in the lane and drawing a foul call on Dirk Nowitzki, Carlos Boozer was excited. So excited, in fact, that he failed to notice referee Danny Crawford standing right next to him.
Boozer went for the celebratory fist pump, which ended up accidentally punching Crawford squarely below the belt.
Thankfully Crawford was fine, and laughed it off immediately afterward. Boozer obviously didn’t mean to do it, but you have to wonder if a less seasoned official may have written the play off as quickly.
Crawford, who has been in the league as an official since the 1984-85 season, has enough experience to know how to handle an unintentional play like this.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 19
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8