Mar 31, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
This looked at lot worse than it was.
After converting a shot in the lane and drawing a foul call on Dirk Nowitzki, Carlos Boozer was excited. So excited, in fact, that he failed to notice referee Danny Crawford standing right next to him.
Boozer went for the celebratory fist pump, which ended up accidentally punching Crawford squarely below the belt.
Thankfully Crawford was fine, and laughed it off immediately afterward. Boozer obviously didn’t mean to do it, but you have to wonder if a less seasoned official may have written the play off as quickly.
Crawford, who has been in the league as an official since the 1984-85 season, has enough experience to know how to handle an unintentional play like this.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25