Mar 31, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
This looked at lot worse than it was.
After converting a shot in the lane and drawing a foul call on Dirk Nowitzki, Carlos Boozer was excited. So excited, in fact, that he failed to notice referee Danny Crawford standing right next to him.
Boozer went for the celebratory fist pump, which ended up accidentally punching Crawford squarely below the belt.
Thankfully Crawford was fine, and laughed it off immediately afterward. Boozer obviously didn’t mean to do it, but you have to wonder if a less seasoned official may have written the play off as quickly.
Crawford, who has been in the league as an official since the 1984-85 season, has enough experience to know how to handle an unintentional play like this.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15