Mar 30, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Details of the surgery, a procedure to repair the sore Achilles, and the recovery period are to be determined.
“After thoroughly reviewing the possible options with Zaza, we all felt this was the best decision to ensure Zaza’s complete recovery so that he can be at 100 percent going forward,” Hawks President of Basketball Operations and General Manger Danny Ferry said. “Zaza is a professional with a strong work ethic. The Hawks will continue to be completely supportive as he tackles the return to play process.”
The injury was originally suffered on January 21.
The question now becomes whether Pachulia has played his last game as a member of the Atlanta Hawks; he’ll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.
Pachulia has spent the last eight seasons in Atlanta, and has career averages of 6.8 points and 5.5 rebounds, while playing 20.4 minutes per contest.
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 0
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 17
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 7
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 15
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)