Mar 30, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Details of the surgery, a procedure to repair the sore Achilles, and the recovery period are to be determined.
“After thoroughly reviewing the possible options with Zaza, we all felt this was the best decision to ensure Zaza’s complete recovery so that he can be at 100 percent going forward,” Hawks President of Basketball Operations and General Manger Danny Ferry said. “Zaza is a professional with a strong work ethic. The Hawks will continue to be completely supportive as he tackles the return to play process.”
The injury was originally suffered on January 21.
The question now becomes whether Pachulia has played his last game as a member of the Atlanta Hawks; he’ll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.
Pachulia has spent the last eight seasons in Atlanta, and has career averages of 6.8 points and 5.5 rebounds, while playing 20.4 minutes per contest.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 13
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32