Mar 30, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Details of the surgery, a procedure to repair the sore Achilles, and the recovery period are to be determined.
“After thoroughly reviewing the possible options with Zaza, we all felt this was the best decision to ensure Zaza’s complete recovery so that he can be at 100 percent going forward,” Hawks President of Basketball Operations and General Manger Danny Ferry said. “Zaza is a professional with a strong work ethic. The Hawks will continue to be completely supportive as he tackles the return to play process.”
The injury was originally suffered on January 21.
The question now becomes whether Pachulia has played his last game as a member of the Atlanta Hawks; he’ll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.
Pachulia has spent the last eight seasons in Atlanta, and has career averages of 6.8 points and 5.5 rebounds, while playing 20.4 minutes per contest.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32