Mar 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
It was a well-designed play well executed. That is to say, it was vintage Spurs.
Down 1 with :07 seconds left to the Clippers, the Spurs needed a last second shot and (with Manu Ginobili out) logic suggests they would turn to Tony Parker (who can create his own look). But while Parker tries to flash to the corner he is the decoy. Danny Green gets the inbounds out high but after Tim Duncan sets a screen for Parker he curls up toward a favorite spot of his, the elbow. Kawhi Leonard inbounded the ball then went and set a screen for Duncan so when Duncan gets the pass from Green, he can take one dribble and pull up in a spot he loves. make a pump fake that Willie Green bites on then goes up knowing he’s going to get a foul call.
He also got the shot to fall. And-one. Game Spurs. Duncan finished with 34 points and 11 boards.
When it came down to little plays and execution, the Spurs were the Spurs and the Clippers… are coached by Vinny Del Negro.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 0
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 40
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44