Mar 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
It was a well-designed play well executed. That is to say, it was vintage Spurs.
Down 1 with :07 seconds left to the Clippers, the Spurs needed a last second shot and (with Manu Ginobili out) logic suggests they would turn to Tony Parker (who can create his own look). But while Parker tries to flash to the corner he is the decoy. Danny Green gets the inbounds out high but after Tim Duncan sets a screen for Parker he curls up toward a favorite spot of his, the elbow. Kawhi Leonard inbounded the ball then went and set a screen for Duncan so when Duncan gets the pass from Green, he can take one dribble and pull up in a spot he loves. make a pump fake that Willie Green bites on then goes up knowing he’s going to get a foul call.
He also got the shot to fall. And-one. Game Spurs. Duncan finished with 34 points and 11 boards.
When it came down to little plays and execution, the Spurs were the Spurs and the Clippers… are coached by Vinny Del Negro.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)