Mar 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
It was a well-designed play well executed. That is to say, it was vintage Spurs.
Down 1 with :07 seconds left to the Clippers, the Spurs needed a last second shot and (with Manu Ginobili out) logic suggests they would turn to Tony Parker (who can create his own look). But while Parker tries to flash to the corner he is the decoy. Danny Green gets the inbounds out high but after Tim Duncan sets a screen for Parker he curls up toward a favorite spot of his, the elbow. Kawhi Leonard inbounded the ball then went and set a screen for Duncan so when Duncan gets the pass from Green, he can take one dribble and pull up in a spot he loves. make a pump fake that Willie Green bites on then goes up knowing he’s going to get a foul call.
He also got the shot to fall. And-one. Game Spurs. Duncan finished with 34 points and 11 boards.
When it came down to little plays and execution, the Spurs were the Spurs and the Clippers… are coached by Vinny Del Negro.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4