Mar 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The injury is likely to keep Ginobili from playing on Sunday in a possible NBA Finals preview against the Miami Heat.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich indicated reserve guard Manu Ginobili will miss Sunday’s home game against defending NBA champion Miami after leaving in the first quarter with tightness in his right hamstring.
“I don’t think he can play,” Popovich said.
Ginobili is his team’s third leading scorer, but more importantly, he’s the one who makes the offense go when that second unit is on the floor. He is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists in 23.4 minutes per game this season.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2