Mar 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
The injury is likely to keep Ginobili from playing on Sunday in a possible NBA Finals preview against the Miami Heat.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich indicated reserve guard Manu Ginobili will miss Sunday’s home game against defending NBA champion Miami after leaving in the first quarter with tightness in his right hamstring.
“I don’t think he can play,” Popovich said.
Ginobili is his team’s third leading scorer, but more importantly, he’s the one who makes the offense go when that second unit is on the floor. He is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists in 23.4 minutes per game this season.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3