Mar 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The injury is likely to keep Ginobili from playing on Sunday in a possible NBA Finals preview against the Miami Heat.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich indicated reserve guard Manu Ginobili will miss Sunday’s home game against defending NBA champion Miami after leaving in the first quarter with tightness in his right hamstring.
“I don’t think he can play,” Popovich said.
Ginobili is his team’s third leading scorer, but more importantly, he’s the one who makes the offense go when that second unit is on the floor. He is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists in 23.4 minutes per game this season.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2