Mar 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The injury is likely to keep Ginobili from playing on Sunday in a possible NBA Finals preview against the Miami Heat.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich indicated reserve guard Manu Ginobili will miss Sunday’s home game against defending NBA champion Miami after leaving in the first quarter with tightness in his right hamstring.
“I don’t think he can play,” Popovich said.
Ginobili is his team’s third leading scorer, but more importantly, he’s the one who makes the offense go when that second unit is on the floor. He is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists in 23.4 minutes per game this season.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65