Mar 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The injury is likely to keep Ginobili from playing on Sunday in a possible NBA Finals preview against the Miami Heat.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich indicated reserve guard Manu Ginobili will miss Sunday’s home game against defending NBA champion Miami after leaving in the first quarter with tightness in his right hamstring.
“I don’t think he can play,” Popovich said.
Ginobili is his team’s third leading scorer, but more importantly, he’s the one who makes the offense go when that second unit is on the floor. He is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists in 23.4 minutes per game this season.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49