Mar 30, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
James began his assault with three straight three-pointers near the end of the first period, and followed it up with three more from beyond the arc (and a foot-on-the-line two) early in the second. There was a free throw and a jumper inside 15 feet sprinkled in there too, as Miami’s lead reached 20 points with just over eight minutes to play in the first half by the time the run was through.
It was one of those rare instances where a player was so on fire that even his teammates didn’t quite know how to react to what they were watching.
“I was glad I was on the bench, so I could watch the show,” Dwyane Wade said, via Kevin Arnovitz of ESPN.com. “When a guy’s hitting like that, you don’t want to say much to him. In a sense, you don’t know what to do. You don’t know if you should leave him alone, dap him up. I don’t know. I just stayed away from him.”
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6